DRS Class 66's

Hi Guys,

Just started building a new layout "Portlethen", based present day, suprisingly just south of Aberdeen. An important part of my rolling stock will be based on DRS class 66's, however I am asking for a little help, I realise there is no current model available but is there in any suitable Bachmann model exists that  can be used as a base model for a repaint to reflect the current 66420-32 fleet ?

I am aware of the Fastline Rail Express limited model that I beleive has the correct light clusters ( Now DRS 66300 series)  but are there any other models that can be used for a repaint ?

Thanks

Richard

• RMweb Premium

Guys,

Thanks for the response, 66420 is no longer a DRS loco, my OP should have read 66412-32.

After a little research besides the Fastline model (that commands a high price), I think the GBRF 66731 model has the correct clusters.

I think you mean 66421 upwards.....

They are 5 door body variants with the rectangular light clusters with combined marker/tail (Similar to, but it's not a Wipac and for the life of me, I can't remember what this type is called)

As previously mentioned,

These have the earlier "bug-eye" headlights and aren't correct for 66421-66434 and the ex-Fastline 66/3's

AFAIIA, there are four releases by Bachmann that are of this type, three were limited editions - 66623, 66301 and 66722. the only one on general release carrying the correct body/headlamp cluster is GBRf 66731.

It's about time Bachmann did another DRS 66......

Cheers,

Mick

Archived