The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

How do you dial a mobile in India ?

edcayton

• RMweb Premium

If it's a UK mobile but she happens to be in India just dial normally. Bear in mind she may rack up some serious charges as the roaming mobile receiving the call picks up the international charges.

Cheers

Dave

If it's a UK mobile but she happens to be in India just dial normally. Bear in mind she may rack up some serious charges as the roaming mobile receiving the call picks up the international charges.

Cheers

Dave

When my brother was serving abroad with HM Armed Forces he used to text, instead of calling people. The charges to text are considerably cheaper than the call charges.

• RMweb Gold

As above, I don't know what the local coverage is like, but quite often it is cheaper and more convenient to buy a local SIM card whilst out of the country. Double check your tarriffs though before making long calls.

• RMweb Premium

Coverage in India is generally reasonable in urban areas. 

There is no need to dial any differently from the UK. 

I would advise turning voicemail off before travelling.

Oddly enough, I have just returned from India this morning. I've been a frequent visitor over the years (my wife is Indian) and I can confirm that mobile coverage across the country is generally very good. Pity that, on this occasion, my own mobile was stolen in Chandni Chowk, Old Delhi - a notorious haunt for pickpockets. In the process of buying a new one now..... 

As Dave (eldavo) says above, if in the UK and the wife has a UK mobile, dial normally.

David C. 

Archived