Compton Martin Model Railway Exhibition 2014

SDJR7F88

After the massive success of last years event, the wheels are set in motion for the 2nd Compton Martin Model Railway Exhibition! :locomotive:  The venue as last year will be at Big Rich's @ the Clock Tower in the sleepy Somerset Village of Compton Martin, near Bristol at the foot of the Mendip Hill. I organised the event with the power of YouTuber and the help of Hornbyandbf3fan for posting a topic about the event on here (was not a member at the time). 

Last years event had 7 layouts on display, including Compton Martin, Compton Quay, Whitecroft Lane and Phoenix Works. Signals Model, Midsomer Norton (my local model shop) kindly to set up a trade stand on the day, selling all manor of model railway items! It was a massive success with over 130 visitors though the door, taking advantage of the FREE ENTRY and good food in the Café below.

This year I hope the event to be bigger and better! With more layouts and more visitors! Plus for the moment, like last year it is planned to be FREE ENTRY (so a superb value day out too :jester: )!

Below is my footage from last years event. I also plan to post planning and update video for this years event on here too, the first will be coming very shortly. Please tell me what you think!  :declare: 

I look forward to it mate! :locomotive:

Thanks mate! Seem to be running low on layout at the moment. Gavin sadly can't make it. Matt's layout is being built, but he's not sure if can make it and no word as of yet from UKxGreeny. Hope some more people get in contact about it! :help: 

Thanks mate! Seem to be running low on layout at the moment. Gavin sadly can't make it. Matt's layout is being built, but he's not sure if can make it and no word as of yet from UKxGreeny. Hope some more people get in contact about it! :help: 

Mine will be presentable!

I've got all the electrics and most of the materials! I just need to finish planning then I can start the build! :)

If you get stuck and I haven't sold it by then I could bring Pallet Lane in its shorter format, I can't see a date anywhere on your post, presuming November again? I can combine it with a visit to my parents who still live in CM.

If you get stuck and I haven't sold it by then I could bring Pallet Lane in its shorter format, I can't see a date anywhere on your post, presuming November again? I can combine it with a visit to my parents who still live in CM.

The date for the exhibition is the 27th of July

That would be super if you could! How big is it? The date is looking most likely to be the 27th of July this year, if that ok. Just about to post a planning video of the event on here now. :locomotive: 

If I have the money, I'll be making a boxfile layout (3 boxfiles long) which could be a static display

That would be super Will! Need all the layout we can, as 3 of the ones I was hoping to come can't make it. :no2:  But we still have a good few on board. Most of them new! I'm really looking forward to seeing small yard in the flesh! :imsohappy: 

BREAKING NEWS...
Due to a number of clashes and other problems, the Compton Martin Model Railway Exhibition will NOT BE TAKING PLACE ON THE DATE MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO. All plan are hold at the moment until further notice. Very sorry for any inconvenience. :umbrage: 
Callum/SDJR7F88

BREAKING NEWS...

Due to a number of clashes and other problems, the Compton Martin Model Railway Exhibition will NOT BE TAKING PLACE ON THE DATE MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO. All plan are hold at the moment until further notice. Very sorry for any inconvenience. :umbrage: 

Callum/SDJR7F88

Good thing I didn't put it in the exhibitions calendar yet then!

Now what

Very sorry Will, the event clashes with too many other event and two of the layout just pulled out. The Gartell Railway has a Steam Railway on, two exhibitors want to got to that, the East Somerset Railway has it's once a year gala on a few miles away, plus 2 other planned exhibitors are going on holiday or have an exam. So down to only 4 layouts. :umbrage: Would November be ok or would that clash with Warley?

Good thing I didn't put it in the exhibitions calendar yet then!

Yes, it was. Very sorry about this mate. November looking more likely now.

November would be a problem, I was hoping it'd be in the summer. I don't think my mum would mind taking me to Warley and Somerset within a few weeks I'm afraid

Ok mate, will see what I can do. Anything earlier than the 27th July?

No need to apologise mate! Not your fault! :)

Thanks for the understanding Matt. Not been a good week. :drag: 

Thanks for the understanding Matt. Not been a good week. :drag: 

I have an idea, but you're far too kind-hearted I think to do it! And it probably won't work!

Archived