Heljan 7mm Deltic Improvments

modelman14

Hi all,new on here,so HELLO and thanks in advance for any help and guidance received!!!!

Just got my first 7mm model,the Heljan Deltic,very nice n`all but room for improvement.

I`ve ordered a detailing set from PHD and looking to get a ETH set from DJ Parkins are there any other worthwhile mods/improvments?

I`m told a set of brass horns from DJ Parkins are worthwhile,more to scale.

I`m planning on finishing the loco as 55018 Ballymoss with white window surrounds.

Thanks in advance all!!

Here are some pictures showing my Heljan Deltic upgrade using JLTRT ETH, MMP lost wax horns and a set of Pete Harvey's etches.

Number 3 is stunning,actually they all are! Could`nt find a JLTRT ETH on the site,so ordered a D Parkins one.Hope its as detailed as the JLTRT one when it comes.

Did the JLTRT one come with the mounting bracket?

Cheers.....

They really do look lovely...except for the buffers. i NEVER saw one on which the buffers weren't horiozontal.

Wouldn't you think it wouldn't be rocket science to design buffers that don't twist?

They are on the etch fret between the triangular pieces second row down  if you click on this link to Petes site and click on the etch fret. They are square bits that need folding up.

http://www.phd-design-etchings.co.uk/Products/Heljan%20Deltic%207mm/Class%2055%20Basic%20Detailing%20Set.htm

Hi Brian.

Cheers,see them now,got my wires crossed on this one,was looking for it in the ETH set,doh!!  :no:

• 1 month later...

Right,i`ve finally made a start on the Deltic but can someone tell me how to remove the centre headcode panel so I can fit the etched blanking plate?

I didn't want to be too rough,so I thought I would ask on here before I destroyed it!!!

Thanks folks.........

Archived