Painting Figures

Phew what a question

Have a look at some people - they are all different colours and even the same person might be a different colour at different times of the day and will of course be different based on the temperature

I am going to guess you wanted a simpler answer and I am going to assume you mean in 4mm scale and yet again assume acrylics

With all the above in mind I would say that most off the shelf flesh colours are too dark or too pink but make a good base. If you really just want to get by with just a single colour for your flesh then start with one of those and lighten with a small amount of very pale cream but not white , white will just make it appear chalky

If you tell me what brands are available to you I will try and suggest a colour - I've lost count of how many flesh base colours I have tried over the years

HTH

Hi there,

I totally agree with Darren ( must be something to do with living in the same area).

Vallejo manufacture a number of differing flesh tones & are ideal for figure painting.

I have just finished 200+ military figures for a WW1 anniversary layout, & I used varying Vallejo flesh tones for the job.

It's worth remembering, as previously stated, the actual flesh tone of the population varies considerably, from sunbed orange to pallid & pale.

Humbrol's offering tends to be far too orange ( ideal for certain areas of the country) & only really works if mixed with lighter tones.

You may have a job finding a retailer, so it's worth trying some of the many internet based suppliers.

We are lucky down here in Devon, as there are a number of suppliers within the local model shops.

Cheers

Rob

Archived