National Rail Station Plans

I've tried to search for this and haven't found any links but apologies if reference has already been made to it.

If you venture onto National Rail's website (http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/) and then proceed to the "About My Journey" tab then it will bring you to a page on which by entering a station name (or its 3 digit code) it will take you to the relevant page with details of your chosen station. If you then click on the "Stations Made Easy - Show[xxx] Route" it should take you to a page that looks something like this (I've used Yatton as an example):

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/sjp/YAT/stationOverview.xhtml

You can then use the cursor to pick up on any point of the station and by clicking on it it wiil show you a relevant picture (You can also select the "View Larger Version" tab and by hovering over the points it will show a thumbnail of the indicated points)

It seems to struggle with some of the bigger stations and it doesn't show any of the London termini but its still worth a look.

If you ever want a photo of the bench on platform 2, it's ideal.

For example this from the example above

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/sjp/YAT/images/photos/800/o3514-0000046.jpg

Seriously, it looks like someone has been to every station and photographed everything that could be called a "facility".

So if I went to one of those stations, and started taking pictures of the benches, doors, platforms, signage... I'd get my collar felt.

Yet this is online?!

I'm confused.

The way it's written is a little Janet and John I notice too. I'm really not sure who it's aimed at. One would assume people with disabilities, but it's a bit buried IMHO for that.

• RMweb Premium

Amazing, the authorities bang on about so called potential terrorists and the mch publicised hassle of ordinary people taking pics at stations (it is now even worse for bus photographers than it is for rail photographers so I am told) but Mr Terrorist now no longer has to bother, merely sit back with a cup of tea and browse the thoughtfully provided website!!!

Do we really need pictures of the interior of the toilets??? :lol:

• RMweb Gold

Amazing, the authorities bang on about so called potential terrorists and the mch publicised hassle of ordinary people taking pics at stations (it is now even worse for bus photographers than it is for rail photographers so I am told) but Mr Terrorist now no longer has to bother, merely sit back with a cup of tea and browse the thoughtfully provided website!!!

Do we really need pictures of the interior of the toilets??? :lol:

Of course - gives the snatch & run thieves a good idea of where they can hide stuff (toilet cisterns usually being a favourite - put the stolen goodies in a plastic bag, pop it in a cistern and depart looking totally inocent and carrying no evidence, return at leisure to retrieve stolen goodies; unless a bright BTP copper knew the tricks of the trade and had checked the cisterns).

Also helps folk who aren't allowed to take their own pics to plan where to put 'things' - if you get my drift. Seems 'National Rail' is always helpful and attentive, unless you want to stand on a station platform and take a picture of a train or a signal ;)

Archived