Fleming Park Leisure Centre

Passfield Avenue

Eastleigh

SO50 9NL

22nd and 23rd Febuary 2014

Saturday 22 February 2014 10:00 - 17:00

Sunday 23 February 2014 09:30 - 16:30

EUROTRACK

There will be a display of British and continental modellers to meet and exchange ideas.

Layouts To Be Shown

Layout Name Gauge ERA

Silbeeke Z (1:220) Belgium Present Day

Zuppertal Z(1:220 German inspired by Wuppertal’s Schwebebahn

Altenholz N (1:160) Bavarian Secondary mainline 1911/12

Bei Welmich N (1:160) German Rhine railway modern image

Forton Hill N (1:160) Western Railroad of USA 1960/70's

Greenfeilds N (1:48) Modern image, south of England

Altmittweida TT ( 1:120) Saxony, Germany

Antwerpen Oostkaai H0/H0m SNCB/NMBS & DE Lijn Trams 1980s to present day

Decal Transfer H0 New England, USA, 1960

Gouttiere et St Gervais H0 SNCF 2008

La Planche Port H0 SNCF

Reuddeux HO SNCF 1970-2000

Svanda H0 Norwegian Secondry Line 1980's

Kahn 009 Nambia 1908

Drakes End 00 NSE South of England 1992

Mortenhampstead 00 BR (WR) 1954- 59

Newport South 00 Isle Wight BR (SR) to Present day

Stepley Tramways 00 Stepley Transport, Trams 1948-1984

Cirenchester P4 M&SWJR post WW1

Franklin 0n2 Granby River Railway, USA late 1930's

Pagham Harbour 0-16.5 South Sussex Light Railway, early 1950's

Ellen Green 0 BR (SR) industrial depot and goods yard

Hobbs Warren 0 BR (E) 1948-1985

Rosedale O BR (WR) 1950-1960

Boorley Garden Railway 16mm Live steam & battery scale 1:19 on SM32 track

Whilst the hall has disabled access please note that the track height of the layouts varies from typically 76cm to 122cm.

Getting to the Show

Sat Nav SO50 9NL

Fleming Park Leisure Centre is easily accessible located just off the M3 and M27. It is also easy to get to by foot from the town centre and by people travelling by bus.

We offer ample Free Car Parking for our customers and include disabled and family spaces for convenience.

5. At junction 5, take the A335 exit toSouthampton Airport/Eastleigh

0.3 mi

6. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit

0.4 mi

7. Continue straight onto Stoneham Ln

0.4 mi

8. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit ontoChestnut Ave

0.1 mi

9. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit ontoPassfield Ave

Go through 1 roundabout

0.7 mi

10. Turn left onto Kornwestheim Way

220 ft

11. Turn left

69 ft

12. Turn right

266 ft

13. Turn left

Destination will be on the right

10 ft

Fleming Park

Eastleigh, Hampshire

United Kingdom

Free Vintage Bus

A free Vintage bus service will operate from Eastleigh train station and Southampton Airport Parkway to the Show. Please see timetable below

I read that 'Hobbs Warren' didn't like his spot at Tonbridge on 15th Feb so went home without even waiting to see if anything could be done.

See the Tonbridge thread.

Dave

Suggest you go to that thread and see the other side of the story. WE will be at the Eastleigh show as the exhibition manager listens.

Terry

Suggest you go to that thread and see the other side of the story. WE will be at the Eastleigh show as the exhibition manager listens.

Terry

I only reported what the Tonbridge thread said at the time I read it.

I have re-visited the thread now and read your reply.

I admit, it confirms the fact that you didn't hang around to see if anything could be done to sort the problem.

Dave

AAR Models .................................................. Die-cast model vehicles N to 0 gauge

Amberly Services ........................................... Tools, drills, screws and 0 gauge bits

Andy Lynch .................................................... Second hand trader Bye-Lines........................................................Second hand trader

Cheltenham Model Centre .............................. General purpose trader

Chris Roberts .................................................. Continental second-hand dealer based in Paris

Colin Hall (publishing) ................................... Maritime and Railway Books

Country Park Models ...................................... Spare parts for RTR stock

Edward Woorward .......................................... DCC modules/conversions, vehicles, scenics

FHP Audio Video ........................................... Continental European Railway Videos

Gerald Savine..................................................Railways of Switzerland limited edition prints and paintings Glenn Eades 2nd Hand Stand..........................Continental second hand

John Rowcroft.................................................Continental second hand

LSWR Models ................................................ USA models etc.

Mainline and Maritime ................................... Books and DVDs on the maritime and narrow gauge railways Pendukemodels ............................................... Suppliers of scenic materials and accessories

Priory Books ................................................... General books + videos

Rail Room Electronics .................................... Switches, wire, etc. signals & yard lamps

Ron-Lines .......................................................General purpose trader

sf-Models .......................................................Continental second hand

Team Track Trading ....................................... American and German model etc.

Totem Signs on Site ........................................ Railway totem signs made while you wait.

Weston Models ............................................... N to O gauge die cut card kits Winco..............................................................Continental models

• RMweb Gold

Hmmm not the best show they've put on to be honest. There were three seemingly unfinished layouts including one that was just track in, I think, TT with no one there, stock, scenery or anything to say what it was going to be. There seems little point in inviting a layout like that that doesn't even demonstrate building a layout.

There were some very nice models, the large European one with trams in HO was the most impressive, though again several others with nothing happening in both passes round the hall. The US narrow gauge with a nicely modelled station and weathered stock was slightly odd in that the locos were all in unpainted brass rather spoiling the effect. I know that's personal opinion and brass locos are collectable but it jars with the rest of the modelling for me. The O gauge layout mentioned above was full of action in such a small space though having the tables full of stock behind configured as a display too might be worth considering, I can see why you hurt your back ;)

I don't know if I was just unlucky in the timing that several layouts were static on Saturday afternoon but the trade stands were more animated than some.

Hasn't put me off yet but in my own opinion too many layouts that looked unfinished for various reasons and £6 entry makes me want a bit more.

I know there's little the club can do about operators taking a break and as I only had an hour and a half in mid afternoon it's not necessarily representative but I felt I'd done the show in that time. The door staff were friendly too but the show felt slightly down from its usual level so I hope this can be taken constructively.

Paul,

Good to talk to you as always. I think you were a bit unlucky with Franklin (the 0n2 layout) as whenever I looked the brass locos were confined to the fiddle yard and it is a lovely bit of modelling. The big HO layout you referred to was, I think, Antwerpen Oostkaai which I agree was very nicely done. Hobbs Warren was opposite me on Khan and always had a crowd around it, so clearly very popular.

The layout that caught my eye was Stepley Tramways because of their 'drive a tram' feature, One of their trams had been fitted with a small camera which transmitted the forward view back to the driver who had a tram controller in front of him/her. It was necessary to look out for signals and other trams in order to be successful. It was very nice application of technology to engage with people at the exhibition.

Julian       

• RMweb Gold

Yes there was good stuff there including your own which has plenty of info if there's a lull in operation. The poor gent who got taken to hospital could have done with similar info to show what was intended, note to the organisers to put a note on the display to explain the absence would be good to for future inescapable mishaps.

My comment was made because it's not a cheap entry, probably for a good reason having to hire a sports centre, and I felt I was comfortably able to do it in an hour and a bit so maybe them carefully considering spreading out the 'action' layouts.

The live steam, Hobbs Warren, Khan and Antwerpen were hives of activity and worth seeing. As I noted above in an hour and a bit I could have been unlucky in the others having a lull. Franklin had three brass locos on plus only one painted one in the FY. That was purely personal opinion I mentioned because of the incrongruity against the rest which was so well done. I know Dave often has his shiny brass Fairlie appearing on Bridport and Charmouth but alone it looks more like a bit of fun amongst the whole, nearly all the locos just jarred for me, I just wondered if I'm alone in that?

I'd still put Eurotrack on the calendar, it's had blips before, but the high standard achieved recently and the price left me feeling it was a bit below par. I hoped, and Chris responded in the spirit, that it might be helpful as an observation :)

Archived