New Mills & District Railway Modellers 40th exhibhition

ColinK

• RMweb Premium

The New Mills & District Railway Modellers are holding their 40th exhibhition this weekend, Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd February. The venue is Chapel-en-le-Frith High School, Derbyshire, SK23 0TQ. This is close to Chapel railway station on the Buxton line. Opening times are 10 till 5 on Saturday, 10 till 4-30 on Sunday. Full details on the Club's website.

24 layouts are expected, ranging from T to 0, with a mix of visiting layouts and club members own layouts. Plus trade stands and refreshments.

To celebrate its 40th year, the club is having a competition now known as 40squinch. This competition is for club members to produce a railway diorama in no more than 40 square inch footprint. So entries could be 8"x5", 10"x4", or even 40"x1". Everyone is keeping quiet about their entries, so you will have to come to the show to see them.

From a RMweb perspective, my new OO layout 'Linden Grove' will be making its first public appearance. I've had much help from discussions on RMweb while building it - thanks to everyone for their contributions. I had better go now to get it finished!

• RMweb Premium

Its been quite stressful getting Linden Grove ready for its first show, having moved house a few months ago and since then had never ending building works (currently over running by 4 months). Last night I managed to get all three NCE handsets set up and working for the first time.

• RMweb Premium

A good day at Chapel show today - managed to say hello to Appledore, but never got as far as Bodmin as Linden Grove need two operators and that's all we had, hence exhausted tonight.

Relieved and happy with the way Linden Grove ran, considering this was the first time it had anything other than light engines running on it! Fingers crossed it runs OK tomorrow.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Alistair & Alistair, delighted to be able to help, hope you enjoyed the show. I've sent you a PM.

From my perspective, it was the most enjoyable exhibhiting experience so far. As you know, it is the first time Linden Grove has been operated and it ran without a single problem over the two days. Many people seem interested in it and we had lots of questions from the public. Many thanks to my friend Steve who operated it with me with only a quick break for lunch. Good to meet other RM webbers too.

Home and van unpacked by 2200hrs. Back to decorating tomorrow.

Archived