Class 56 re-paint. What should I do

Hi All,

I have a Hornby Class 56 dcc ready that I got on eBay a few months ago, The loco was a re-paint from EWS into Loadhaul colours and named also, The loco was 56059 before it was painted into 56050. What colours should I have it done into, was hoping that the loco would be stripped with super strip then given a base coat b4 putting into new colours. What colours should I go for.........................I have no clue which one to go for.

Any ideas ???

Mathew

• RMweb Premium

I have a Hornby Class 56 dcc ready that I got on eBay a few months ago, The loco was a re-paint from EWS into Loadhaul colours and named also, The loco was 56059 before it was painted into 56050. What colours should I have it done into, was hoping that the loco would be stripped with super strip then given a base coat b4 putting into new colours. What colours should I go for.........................I have no clue which one to go for.

Do you mean what shades of black/yellow/orange are needed for the Loadhaul re-paint?

Or, do you mean that the model has already been painted from EWS into Loadhaul and you now want to repaint it into another livery?

If the latter then tell us what period you model. 56's went from all over BR Blue, to large logo blue, to large logo grey to large logo grey with red stripe to freight sector before receiving privatisation liveries (although not all liveries were applied to all locos).

Happy modelling,

Steven B.

Hi Steven B.

I don't have a set period, although I do enjoy seeing loco's in the triple grey and sector colours. I think this is the best period of loco colours, as I'm sick of seeing red yam yams and green yam yams all over the place. Loadhaul, Mainline and Transrail are also great colours and personaly IF I had the money, I would buy the Loadhaul trademark from EWS/DBS and launch my own railway company with a fleet of 60's and referb 37's biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

John,

Sure will do, either this week when I get the donut or next week after the stafford show. Also will bring the Flangeway snowplow around.

Mathew

Jon,

How about this as an idea?

The colour scheme is called artistic licence........................... You can do whatever you want with the loco.........I have no problem with whatever colours u re-spray it...................

Mathew

Jon,

Not sure yet, Have things to do saturday, stuff with the wife and kid then free in afternoon, possibly drop the loco off late afternoon and pick up the 006 up.....is 081 done or u still waiting for the Bleaklow hill nameplates to arrive..............for those who don't know jon is in process of doing 60081 before it became a celeb loco, next one he will do for me once i can get 60026 at a low price at either a trade fair or via eBay will be 60040 in ew&s colours before it became army 040............ saw 040 pre army colours up at peak forest a few years ago................

Archived