Rainhill M.R.C. "Model rail 2014"

Rob Rossington

Rainhill model railway clubs annual show, this year featuring;

-14 layouts in a variety of scales and gauges,

-4 demonstrations including DCC and architectural modelling,

-10 traders, including societies such as the friends of the class 502.

The show is held in the Village hall, Weaver avenue, Rainhill, L35 4LU and is fully disabled accessible.

A free vintage bus service is provided between the show and the North West museum of road transport in St. Helens.

Adults= £4

Concessions= £3.50

Family (2+2)= £11

www.rainhillmrc.org.uk

image-14.jpg

Looking forward to our first vist to Rainhill with 'Camel Quay'

Always a good friendly show. We will be there with our On30 layout "Gorne & Dunette Railroad" so come along and say "Hi"

Remember seeing this as a visitor at Warrington last October, look forward to seeing it again and having a chat.

Ray & Polly.

I`d like to extend my gratitude for the warm hospitality of the Rainhill MRC at the exhibition today.

My Father and I, very much enjoyed the show and all its layouts and seeing the interesting demonstrations.

The Rainhill ladies were doing sterling service in the cafe and the catering was top notch and very affordably priced.

Personal highlight for me, was seeing (and hearing) Ray and Polly`s "Camel Quay" 4mm. scale layout, I found it so very engaging and one that clearly attracted many a visitor`s imagination (judging by the tight-huddle that often seemed to surround this brilliant little layout).

Well done all! :good:

The show`s also open tomorrow (Sunday, 2nd.) 10.00 - 16.30.......Well worth a visit: the venue is located right next to the skew-bridge at Rainhill station.

Enjoyed my visit. Good show with nice variety of layouts and traders. As usual everyone very friendly.

Nice to see mostly gauges other than 00 for a change - though Camel Quay was excellent.

Well done to all.

Returned home this evening after a most enjoyable weekend exhibiting 'Camel Quay'. I'd like to reiterate Debs gratitude to all at Rainhill for their hospitality, excellent food and copious cups of tea keeping us refreshed during the weekend. An excellent venue.

We were delighted with the interest shown in the layout and our gratitude to Ken Ball (demonstrating architectural modelling) for supplying us with a few items for the quay.

Congratulations also to Charles Insley of Kinwardine Wharf (009) for best in show award.

Ray & Polly.

Archived