Cutthroat Lane - My 2010 entry

Toftwood

Very nice hoppers 'Toftwood/Pete': Parkside Dundas I assume..?

Dudley

Actually, they are bog standard Hornby hoppers, straight out of the box! Do look good though, but will be weathered at some later date. As you can imagine, by the the early to mid sixties, most were distinctly battered!

Cracked on with more wiring yesterday. Just have to wire up one side of interboard connection and then sort out a control panel. I intend to use a Gaugemaster handheld controller.

Hope to have the complete track working this weekend. :unsure: (very tongue in cheek!!!)

Pete

Well I managed to lay the last couple of tracks in the lower fiddle yard and finish off wiring up the lower level tracks yesterday. I tested each board seperately then connected them together,

Everything worked! I ran the J94 over every bit of track on the lower level. with one or two slight gliches (rectified) all appeared well. I then coupled up 3 hoppers and ran them around the system. There was a problem with the wagons derailing on the curved point leadin to the drops. Not sure why yet as can run a bogie cartic over the point pushed and pulled without problem. I have an inckling that the wheel sets are too "fine" and the wagons are very light also.

Still.....I had a bit play and FUN :D :D :D

P.S. I would show a vid clip but as I am only on dial up it would take a month of Sundays to load.

Pete

I had a half hour free this evening after I got in from work. So I had alook at the curved point. It had twisted slightly so I pinned it down. I ran the hoppers through again and still they derailed. I dug out some older trucks and ran them through without problem. So it is the Hornby hoppers that are the problem. I think they may need to be rewheeled! I think the back to backs are too narrow :angry:

Still I had a play, ran a consist of 3 trucks and a brake onto the frontscene and shunted them around and replaced them with a couple of empty older hoppers which then were taken away. :D

A couple a photos .......

post-2207-0-64520700-1297370725_thumb.jpg

post-2207-0-84856600-1297370775_thumb.jpg

post-2207-0-30100700-1297370817_thumb.jpg

post-2207-0-45555000-1297370867_thumb.jpg

Archived