That is very kind of you. I still am worried that we have problems on clearances on my layout and we do have a large overhang at the back! I may also have to take off the flanges off on of the drivers.

Here we are testing under DC. The leads to the lights are detachable using microconnectors supplied by Express Models. After painting, the LEDs are toned more yellow using a special laquer sent over from DCC Concepts in OZ. I am delighted how smoothly it runs under test.

47m.jpg

No

This loco ran on the Dholpur  railway which was not too far from Agra. It was 56 miles long and was very busy in its time.

http://wiki.fibis.org/index.php/Dholpur-Bari_Light_Railway

There were two such locos which were scrapped in the end. They were built by Hunslet in the early 50s and they ran long passenger trains.

Transfers have to be fixed and it is about finished.

51m.jpg

My fault Corbs. I did not know you knew the layout. I hope to have Fox lining transfers come through the post today. I am being brave and trying to do this myself this time! Attention will then be on checking the three engines out on County Gate then Cliffhanger. This ends my incursion into Indian locomotives and I hope they will be a fond reminder to me of the time I spent in that country.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived