RR&Co Update 8.0 C1 now available

Be careful with the latest release as there are a few bugs in it. Macros is one.

May be best waiting for the next release.

Also the new collection of images for use in Train Animator and then into Train Controller is very limited in images for the UK user. There are some well know diesels and HST stock but no steam. There are better free collections out there for those, me for one, who use little images of their trains in TC. I don't use them in the blocks, you can if you want,  on the track plan but they are nice next to the list of items you have for quick identification.

• RMweb Gold

The problem with macros has been fixed by a "hotfix": basically 8.0C1 has been reloaded to include the fix.  The corrected version has modules dated 14th March, so if you downloaded yesterday or early today (Friday) then you need to refresh.

• RMweb Premium

Any idea how the "+collection" works?

I downloaded it at the same time as the other programs but can't seem to get anything to happen!

I thought I would have a look at it.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Its a paid for add on for Train Animator that contains small almost icon like pictures that can be used in Train Controller.

You need to open Train Animator and look for the collection library and try to open the images. If you have not paid for it you will get a warning message you don't have permission to use the library. Click ok and possibly the image will be there with a big white S across it to stop it being used.

The other way to see a list of what is in the library is to use Windows Explorer, not internet explorer, and find the folder where the images are and you will see the file name which in most cases are the class of the loco as well as a clue to the colour scheme.

By default the folder is in the path :- Documents folder, RailRoad & Co folder, Train Animator Folder, Collection Folder and then pick either cars and wagons or locomotives and work your way to what country you want. If you then double click an image file Train Animator will open and you will see the image with the white S on it.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Keith,

By default the folder is in the path :- Documents folder, RailRoad & Co folder, Train Animator Folder, Collection Folder and then pick either cars and wagons or locomotives and work your way to what country you want. If you then double click an image file Train Animator will open and you will see the image with the white S on it.

No sign of anything to do with +collection in that folder - or anywhere else on my computer!

Keith

• RMweb Premium

search for .yra files.

You did load the collections program?

Yes!

It shows up in Win7 if you select "Uninstall Traincontroller" as one of three programs:

post-6208-0-86935200-1394968376.jpg

Keith

EDIT: Had a good search in all locations and the only yra files are the ones I have made.

Hi Keith,

Sorry about the slow response but been a tad busy over the weekend and work today.

It certainly looks like you have the collection installed but I'm puzzled why a search has only come up with the standard yra files which on my laptop are loaded in the same folder as the Train Animator program.

But the collection files are in the My Document folder on my laptop but I am not running Win 7 as you are. Did you look in the My Documents folder and folders in there as I have detailed above.

Try uninstalling the collection and reinstall.

Have you tried looking in Train Animator as well as when I open TA and use the open folder it allows me to view the collection but they all have the white S across the images.

Melmerby, if it helps I have a collection of 70 odd .yra files i created and use with v5.5

If the format hasen't changed you should be able to use them. I use the images in blocks so i can see at a glance where locos are on the layout.

I can e-mail them to you. They are about 40 odd british steam and the rest uk diesels.

If you are interested mail me at: m.friedman@btconnect.com

post-327-0-54591400-1395088365.jpg

Mike

Nice collection Mike

There is a German web site that has loads of bitmap images that convert easily into the right size fo use with RR&Co and the ECoS It has of lot of different countries and different periods in time to cover just about anything a person needs.

• RMweb Premium

Melmerby, if it helps I have a collection of 70 odd .yra files i created and use with v5.5

If the format hasen't changed you should be able to use them. I use the images in blocks so i can see at a glance where locos are on the layout.

I can e-mail them to you. They are about 40 odd british steam and the rest uk diesels.

If you are interested mail me at: m.friedman@btconnect.com

Mike

Thanks for that offer Mike but I have images for my locos (usually from Hornby pictures or direct photos) about 40 in all, several the same as yours.

I also use them in the blocks in the same way as you.

I was just curious to know what +Collection was offering but It looks like I'm not missing much.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Hi Keith

I will try to do a screen grab of the list of what is in the collection for the UK so you can see what is in there.

It's probably just as easy to photgraph what you have, resize in an edit program and import them into TA as the the +Collection list will no doubt not meet everybody's needs.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

It was an offfer to do a screen grab of a text list, not photos of the actual contents Would take ages !

I can send you a raft of yra files I use if you want, same as Mike.

Sorry TTG, I didn't read your post correctly!

A grab of all the images would be a bit of a mammoth task.

Cheers

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Tried loading +Collection on another computer which had TA and the images duly appeared in a sub folder.

(I wonder why they are not on the other one? :scratchhead: )

IMHO not very inspiring, especially as you pay for them.

Large collection, but inevitably not many for each country.

I wonder whether anybody would have more than two or three of the locos/trains supplied?

Cheers

Keith

Archived