Hornby Magazine issue 82 - April 2014

chrisf

The new issue is now on the shelves.  Contents:

Editorial - Mike Wlld enthuses about Heljan

Update - new figures from Dart Castings, previews of other products and Great Electric Train Show [already] and a competition.  If you want he prize, the answer is C.

Wencombe - our very own Westerner describes his layout.  Mike Wild's pics do it justice.

Trees on a budget - Nigel Burkin delves into the undergrowth of Woodlands Scenics

Inside Job - Mike Wild lights a 2-BIL

Signage - two pages of free Sankey Scenics signs. I've never worrked out how you pull out these pull-out supplements without destroying the magazine

Aristocracy in decline - part 2 of Tim Shackleton's treatment of the Hornby Duke, with bonus panel on weathering the Railroad Mk 1s

The art of shunting - Bob Essery explains a subject often misunderstood

Readers' letters

Milton Street MPD - Spencer Anderson is inspired by Motherwell

Operation Build It - Mark Chivers constructs a scenic break

Hattons delivers the Garratt - Mike Wild reviews, Evan Green-Hughes looks at prototype history 

10 pages of reviews

CV mysteries unmasked - Paul Chetter on DCC

Aldford Brewery - Jeff Phillips describes a club exhibition layout

Staff projects - Mike Wild sound-chips a Hornby GWR railcar

Scotland Calling - a new project by Mark Chivers

Railway goods by road - Evan Green-Hughes in the world of the mechanical horse

I did not spot the last two articles on first reading.  This is what happens when you sprinkle ads all among the text - a practice best avoided IMHO.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Bit surprised to find you have to pay for the Scalescenes bridge to complete the Build-It layout, as IIRC all the previous downloads have been free...

Still a good mag IMO; and to my eyes the pictures don't have the obvious photoshoppery of other mags so seem that much clearer.

David

Archived