BR [SR] 40T hoppers (and a couple of Dogfish)

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon all. I'm following in the footsteps of many and using Cambrian's neat looking kits for a Meldon ballast set circa 1960/61/2.

I believe the wagons were black + dirt in 1960 and green + dirt a bit later. I've also read of 'Meldon Brown' as a weathered colour/covering.

Any advice would be useful and I have seen Mr Muzz's lovely conversions and builds but his era is SR I believe?

Have not checked out decals yet; Cambridge Custom if they do them, Modelmaster/Fox. Advice here welcome too.

Thanks.

Good afternoon all. I'm following in the footsteps of many and using Cambrian's neat looking kits for a Meldon ballast set circa 1960/61/2.

I believe the wagons were black + dirt in 1960 and green + dirt a bit later. I've also read of 'Meldon Brown' as a weathered colour/covering.

Any advice would be useful and I have seen Mr Muzz's lovely conversions and builds but his era is SR I believe?

Have not checked out decals yet; Cambridge Custom if they do them, Modelmaster/Fox. Advice here welcome too.

Thanks.

DOGFISH - see Sheet S2A at http://www.cctrans.freeserve.co.uk/products.htm ; specify the SR variant for Meldon;

or Sheet BL60d (SR Meldon);

WALRUS - see Sheet S2B/C; specify the SR variant for Meldon.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

Archived