RMweb

Prototype Replica Model Railway Products Class 14

hayfield

I have been looking for a second 7 mm loco on Ebay and looking for one with finescale wheels to use with my Ixion Hudswell Clarke loco. Ideally was looking for another 0-6-0 loco ready built but items that have come up on Ebay either coarse scale wheels. did not like or just for me over priced.

I have just come across Prototype Replica Model Railway Products and not knowing them was wondering about their locos. The 02 looks quite sweet and I have a soft spot for the class 14. I understand that they main parts come pre-curved, I am quite handy with the soldering iron, though not built too many etched kits. Other problem is that I am a bit short for time.

Please can anyone enlighten me about these kits, are they time consuming to build? or difficult

What extra parts do I need for either the 02 or 14. I know they need wheels, presumably Slaters? what about motor and gears.

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Hi John

I found this the other day, i think it is the PRMRP Class 14 -

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/2687-o-scale-class-14-kit/

Kind Regards

Ian

It is, & still unfinished... :(

You need wheels/gears/motor as per most kits, plus wheel & connecting rod bearings. The parts come flat - not pre-curved. I don't consider it to be that good a kit, certainly not a 'beginner' kit.

Not really. Getting the chassis built properly is the main hurdle. I eventually paid someone experienced to do a better one for me. After all, it doesn't matter how good a loco looks - if it runs like a bag of spanners it's not fit for purpose.

Archived