New Dapol Items announced

Markeg

Hi Ben,

About 2 or so years ago the Hymels were re-motored to accept super creep and this was adopted from then as standard.

So essentially the Hymek and 22 share those main components and pickups etc.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Believe it or not I actually have a hymek motor running around in one of my 22s, (don't ask) and so I know it wasn't a motor issue as they are one and the same as you say. I'm sure it's down to the gearing in the bogies from the messing I've done. Been having some success in experimenting with different chassis, I'll continue with that.

Hi Dave,

Believe it or not I actually have a hymek motor running around in one of my 22s, (don't ask) and so I know it wasn't a motor issue as they are one and the same as you say. I'm sure it's down to the gearing in the bogies from the messing I've done. Been having some success in experimenting with different chassis, I'll continue with that.

Hi Benn - what problem are you seeing with your Hymeks ?

I have 2 - GFYE from the first batch with the very coarse wheels and a blue'un from a later batch with finer wheels. Both run very sweetly, although the blue one did have some trouble with the gears jamming occasionally in one bogie (but this is after I had dismantled it for weathering, before that it was fine) - I believe I've traced that to an issue with the crown gear. I reamed out the mounting holes at the top of the gear tower very slightly which seems to have done the trick.

News of these announcements has only just reached me... B4 most welcome. Any idea which variants are being done in terms of running numbers and liveries? or has this not been announced?

• ‘Normandy’ (Number 96) as preserved by the Bulleid Society on the Bluebell Railway
  •  
  • ‘Caen’ (Number 90) Southampton Docks brown livery with Drummond Chimney
  •  
  • Number 88 in Southern green [sic]
  •  
  • Number 30082 in BR black, early emblem
  •  
  • Number 30096 in BR black, late crest
  •  

See Graham Muz's excellent website (required reading for all things Southern and BR(S)) for full details: http://grahammuz.com/2014/03/31/update-regarding-Dapol-ex-lswr-b4-announcement/

• RMweb Premium

At this rate there won,t be many Bluebell engines which are not in RTR!

Just bring on the H, Q, S15 and U! (And the NLR 0-6-0T....)

Is the Radial tank a Bluebell engine? I'd love to see a 4mm RTR of one of these.

Linners,

I assume that you are referring to the Adam's 0415 Class Radial T which is a Bluebell loco currently in need of an overhaul. Yes, I and many others would love to see a RTR 4mm model of this loco.

Cheers,

Chris

Linners,

I assume that you are referring to the Adam's 0415 Class Radial T which is a Bluebell loco currently in need of an overhaul. Yes, I and many others would love to see a RTR 4mm model of this loco.

Cheers,

Chris

...not to mention a shrink-ray version for 2mm scale...

Linners,

Cheers,

Chris

Yes,

You must excuse my lack of knowledge, I am more familiar with GWR/BR western region locomotives, but I have a real fondness for the 0415 Class Radial T loco's on the Lyme Regis branch.

Linners

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Radial tank a Bluebell engine? I'd love to see a 4mm RTR of one of these.

Indeed still a few missing:

U class

H class

O1 class

P class

Adams Radial

Baxter

NL tank

Sharpthorn

The other industrial tanks never really ran on bluebell.

I cheated a little and did my own S15 from a Triang N15 with cut down Bachmann tender. And I built my own Q class.

Archived