ECoS Firmware 4.0.0

• 8 months later...

I'm trying to update my father in laws ECoS to the latest firmware so it will talk to the mobile controller.

I've watched the video followed all the instructions correctly I think, but I'm getting stuck at the same point every time. When I type the IP address in to the web browser I just get a page of search results saying things like IP address is part of a private network etc... it does not bring up the ECoS screen on to the laptop as in the video. What am I doing wrong? Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

John

I'm trying to update my father in laws ECoS to the latest firmware so it will talk to the mobile controller.

I've watched the video followed all the instructions correctly I think, but I'm getting stuck at the same point every time. When I type the IP address in to the web browser I just get a page of search results saying things like IP address is part of a private network etc... it does not bring up the ECoS screen on to the laptop as in the video. What am I doing wrong? Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

John

Make sure that the address that you are typing is just the figures, eg: 192.168.1.101 and does not include htp:// or https:// or www

(Another ) John

Hi John, thanks, yeh I tried that, I guessing it's computer issue rather than anything else as I tried on my iPad and bingo up popped the ECoS page. Unfortunately of course you can't download these files on to the iPad. I'm guessing some setting on the laptop need changing but as I am totally computer illiterate I don't know where to start .

Thanks for trying

Cheers

John

Hi John, thanks, yeh I tried that, I guessing it's computer issue rather than anything else as I tried on my iPad and bingo up popped the ECoS page. Unfortunately of course you can't download these files on to the iPad. I'm guessing some setting on the laptop need changing but as I am totally computer illiterate I don't know where to start .

Thanks for trying

Cheers

John

That is really odd. Just a thought, have you tried an alternative browser on the laptop?

(Another) John