Stockport & District Railway Modellers Exhibition 10th-11th May 2014

NunneyCastle5029

on the 10th - 11th May Stockport & District Railway Modellers are holding our Annual Exhibition 

at our usual Venue of Stockport Grammar School

More information can be found at our Club Website : http://www.sdrm.co.uk/

and also in the events diary on here.

any further questions please feel free to ask

Cheers

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again, we have an exhibition with layouts and traders but we are not telling you who they are, mystery time !

If it's that good please tell us .

I find this approach to get visitors very frustrating

• RMweb Gold

Here we go again, we have an exhibition with layouts and traders but we are not telling you who they are, mystery time !

If it's that good please tell us .

I find this approach to get visitors very frustrating

I've had a butcher's at the above link and I see what you mean John. :-(  I wish I could be more helpful, but I don't know who/what else will be there.  All I can say is that other than exhibiting there, (or exhibiting at Derby when there's been a clash), I've always gone along to this show as a punter and never been dissapointed.  Usually a dozen-ish quality layouts of various scales and sizes, plus traders selling new and secondhand models and books.  Worth the trip and the entrance fee IMHO.  Besides, I don't want to spend the weekend showing off my trainset to an empty hall, so please come along. ;-)

Cheers Alastair, its always nice to hear good comments from our previous exhibitions,

Just for you ive got the list of Layouts and Traders

Layouts:

Calderwood (OO)

Burnham On Sea

Bolton Priory (O)

Clun (OO)

Eideltor (HO)

Bridge Norton (O)

Millfield Yard (N)

Glaisden (EM)

Kexby (OO)

Appledore (OO)

Much Winding (SDRM OO children's layout)

Traders inc:

Vintage Prints

Hoyles Model Railways

Un Common Kits

Rural Railways

World of Motion

SMTF

I&G Steam

Bill Hudson Books

and the SDRM/Llangollen Rail cars sales stand

we also have demos provided by SDRM members and Rassbottom Brow group

and if that wasn't enough we have a very reasonably priced cafe for you to buy tea, coffee, sandwiches and snacks

Hope to see you there!

Thx for putting up the list of Layouts etc for this weekend, most useful.

Now to find the time to visit and get around SWMBO to let me especially as there is an exhibition at Queens Road bus depot, Manchester the following weekend.

Just returned home from showing our groups layout Eideltor and have had a great weekend . As normal a small but well balanced show and a very friendly welcome from all members of the Stockport group. Well do on the food Keith nearly as good as your modelling. :jester:

I'm afraid I was very disappointed with this exhibition.

At £5 I thought it was expensive for what was on offer.

Some of the layouts were a long way from complete.

Trade wise there was very little in the way of rolling stock to purchase either new or secondhand, although it was good for bits and pieces and kits etc. 

There was only the one hall with exhibits.

Catering was a bit rough and ready, just a temporary set up in the corner of the hall.

Calderwood was by far the star attraction.

Sorry but one can attend major shows for just £1 more entry fee.

Respite,

im sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our show, we are a small club and have limited members and funds

to put on a model railway exhibition takes a lot of time and money, if the club is to break even and survive the price must reflect this

the £5 price has been the same for the last 3 years, we are unable to supply additional halls, due to the cost, the staffing and finding layouts and traders to fill it. 

we have used the same hall for many years, and many of our exhibitiors/traders and public see it as a good thing.

the Public catering is managed by ourselves and some of our members wives, who have given up their weekend to man it,

unfortunately we are only able to create this kind of set up, due to the high costs of hiring in a catering team and equipment.

i will make sure your comments are passed onto our exhibition manager to hopefully make any changes that we can for next year,

We have tried to do our best to put on a good show, to entertain the public and put some pennies into our club, sadly we know we cannot please everyone.

• RMweb Premium

At the major shows you don't get the interaction though - as mentioned above the communication with the operators was great. I felt a sense of enthusiasm which isn't always present. It was also good to see children being able to get involved sometimes, there were a couple on the O diesels (was that Bridge Norton?), one driving whilst another carefully waved him forward.

Archived