Athearn Genesis SD70ACe

Donny4472

• RMweb Gold

They do weigh a bit in the luggage :wacko: Often wondered if we were going to take off at the end of the runway when we both bought them home. I believe they went for around $2,000.

Lucky it wasnt Ryanair you were flying with, they'd charged you another two grand for overweight lugggage! :lol: Were they sound fitted? I really like the F45 in WN livery in the background, any chance of a clear pic of it and who makes it?

Dave, say what you mean, why don't ya? :D :D

I must admit from an aesthetic point, I really do like the Katy livery :)

Really nice looking model - must resist!

-Rob

Here's a link to a few photos of my MTH 'Miss Katy' on our Club's not so American Layout. Photos taken by club member. Loco is DCC Ready version.

http://donner.pass.f...t/c1909341.html

Along with D&RGW, this is my favourite Heritage Paint scheme.

cheers

Ian D

I must admit from an aesthetic point, I really do like the Katy livery :)

Here's a link to a few photos of my MTH 'Miss Katy' on our Club's not so American Layout. Along with D&RGW, this is my favourite Heritage Paint scheme.

No, no, no! Katy locos should be green and yellow! :angry:

Lucky it wasnt Ryanair you were flying with, they'd charged you another two grand for overweight lugggage! :lol: Were they sound fitted? I really like the F45 in WN livery in the background, any chance of a clear pic of it and who makes it?

The F45 in the background is an old Sunset Models one I bought unpainted at a Chicago show and painted myself (as I have all the WC locos) her is a better pic of it F45 I also have a FP45 WC6652 from Sunset. Unfortunatly they both have different motors in and run at different speeds so MUing them is not possible :( Neither of these or the SD70 have sound unfortunatly.

• RMweb Gold

Can anyone tell me if the soundtraxx board fitted to the sound fitted loco is the same as this 828052 TSU-GN1000 EMD 710?

I already have this soundboard and I was going to buy the non sound fitted loco and install myself.

I have read that the tsunami in the ACe was specifically done for that model. There is definately a difference in the ACe and the tsunami in my SD70m's when it comes to start-up, but apart from that a 710 sounds like a 710! Check out a video I put on earlier in the thread and see if it sounds close for you.

Archived