?Streamliners at Spencer, NC? - May 29th to June 1st 2014

The place to be at the end of this month. 25 locos will be gathered in one place at the same time.....

Full details:

http://www.nctrans.org/Events/Streamliners-at-Spencer-(1).aspx

Should make for some beautiful photographs at the "Bob Julian Roundhouse”  with 37 - stalls.

Best, Pete.

No worries. They're only diesels after all. Same shape, just different pretty colors. See one, seen 'em all. :jester:

Andy

Actually, Andy, N&W Class J #611 will be there - which I haven’t seen since the very early nineties. I’ve never seen, in person, any of the diesels - let alone so many in one place at the same time.

Best, Pete.

Guest Belgian

Actually, Andy, N&W Class J #611 will be there - which I haven’t seen since the very early nineties. I’ve never seen, in person, any of the diesels - let alone so many in one place at the same time.

Best, Pete.

Have they raised the funds to 'fire up 611' yet?

JE

One very interesting participant is the Pan Am F unit. Not because it's that special as an engine, more because not that long ago nobody would have believed the company would be bothered to own such a locomotive. Mellon and Fink Jr. seem to have decided it's better for business to look like a railroad that means business. 

A bit too far to go alas, some classy engines there. And really they are electrics (other than the 611 of course) that don't need a fixed power station and all that wire and poles to clutter up the photos.

One very interesting participant is the Pan Am F unit. Not because it's that special as an engine, more because not that long ago nobody would have believed the company would be bothered to own such a locomotive. Mellon and Fink Jr. seem to have decided it's better for business to look like a railroad that means business. 

A bit too far to go alas, some classy engines there. And really they are electrics (other than the 611 of course) that don't need a fixed power station and all that wire and poles to clutter up the photos.

I'll give you the last point. :jester:

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Archived