Model Rail Limited editions

dibber25

The pre-production sample of our Bachmann SR Pillbox brake van in Satlink red and yellow has arrived in the office and been passed for production. It currently awaits photography and will then be available to pre-order.

CHRIS LEIGH

I can reply to both questions here. Yes, we are looking at locomotives. In fact we were discussing something the other day and my memory is getting SO bad, I can't now remember what it was, other than that I though it was a good idea! Anyway, I can't give any advance info, of course, but I do know we've a surprise in store that's fairly imminent, although not of interest to modellers of the current scene. 

In view of the disappointing sales of the Trans-Pennine models, I think it is unlikely we'll be re-running any of those. Finally, we are still awaiting a price from Bachmann on the SWT Class 450 but since MUs are adversely affected by Bachmann's price rises, it is possible that this model may not be viable.

CHRIS LEIGH

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply on the Trans-Pennine coaches, do you know how many of the original released sets are left in stock ?

Best regards

Craig.

I don't think we've huge numbers of the coaches although there are more than we would like. We had originally thought that we could do a second pack with a TSO and a full brake. Unfortunately, because limited editions bolt on to production runs, and Mk1 and Mk2 coach production runs don't coincide, we can't have the two together. Maybe we should ask George to do a renumbering feature for these vehicles? Would that enable those who've bought the existing sets to get some mileage out of the remaining packs?

CHRIS LEIGH

Hi Chris, thanks for taking time out to reply, I ordered another set yesterday, I have a set of transfer that contain alternate numberis for TP coaches, so that's a little project for me to do.

I am toying with the idea of declassifying the FK, but as yet I cannot find any eveidence to support this happened, does anybody out there know otherwise ?

Best regards

Craig

I don't think we've huge numbers of the coaches although there are more than we would like. We had originally thought that we could do a second pack with a TSO and a full brake. Unfortunately, because limited editions bolt on to production runs, and Mk1 and Mk2 coach production runs don't coincide, we can't have the two together. Maybe we should ask George to do a renumbering feature for these vehicles? Would that enable those who've bought the existing sets to get some mileage out of the remaining packs?

CHRIS LEIGH

I'm not sure full brakes would have sold all that well anyway - there were plenty regional railways BG's around going cheap so should just need to respray the lower grey on those. A TSO pack would have been useful, but I was guessing that might be the case judging by how long the existing sets have taken to shift. Unfortunately the existing packs give a lot of FK's to get 4 or 5 TSOs as found in most formations! I've already got 2 of those sets, not sure I'd buy any more

One option would be to do a pack consisting of a TSO and a BSO. 

I ordered a set last night, at £54 including delivery they are great value.  I look forward to receiving them.

I wouldn't bother renumbering the existing packs but you might find that you can sell the coaches individually. I'm sure you'd shift the TSO's at £30 each.

I ordered a set last night, at £54 including delivery they are great value.  I look forward to receiving them.

I wouldn't bother renumbering the existing packs but you might find that you can sell the coaches individually. I'm sure you'd shift the TSO's at £30 each.

Great idea Jon, I would certainly buy 2 x TSO's for £60.00 posted ...... Go on Chris get this option discussed as the next MR meeting.

Best regards

Craig.

Great idea Jon, I would certainly buy 2 x TSO's for £60.00 posted ...... Go on Chris get this option discussed as the next MR meeting.

Best regards

Craig.

I get the feeling that if I ask, "what am I going to do with a load of unwanted FKs?", I might not like what you suggest....On the other hand, if that meant we sold 50% of what's left, thats better than selling none of what's left. 

CHRIS LEIGH

I get the feeling that if I ask, "what am I going to do with a load of unwanted FKs?", I might not like what you suggest....On the other hand, if that meant we sold 50% of what's left, thats better than selling none of what's left. 

CHRIS LEIGH

Were FK's found in any similar liveries? like were there any Mk2a FK's in the Scotrail livery in the one Mk2 non-air conditioned set? I'm just pondering how easily another FK could be used productively with minimal respraying

CHRIS LEIGH

Hi Chris, thanks for giving this option some thought, perhaps an offer of TSO's £30 posted and FK's £25 posted could start the ball rolling to clearing out so e of the stock, you may be surprised how many people will buy an FK, but the TSO's will fly out at that price.

Best regards

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any Battle of Britain 91s left?

If so where do I get one from?

Best regards

Craig.

CHRIS LEIGH

And if you do split the remaining Trans-Pennine packs, I'll take two FK's please.

Are there any Battle of Britain 91s left?

If so where do I get one from?    

And if you do split the remaining Trans-Pennine packs, I'll take two FK's please.

I have 3 FKs to get rid of if anyone wants them PM me

• 3 weeks later...

Who handles the orders and customer service for these MR limited editions - is it the magazine or is it Kernow? A couple of these limited editions interest me, such as the coaches, but having experienced some extremely poor customer service when my subscription got messed up by the magazine company making stupid mistakes and making the situation worse does not fill me with confidence (that and those annoying "customer service surveys"). Kernow are okay though, not bought online but have from Warley, always helpful and polite.

• RMweb Gold

Who handles the orders and customer service for these MR limited editions - is it the magazine or is it Kernow? A couple of these limited editions interest me, such as the coaches, but having experienced some extremely poor customer service when my subscription got messed up by the magazine company making stupid mistakes and making the situation worse does not fill me with confidence (that and those annoying "customer service surveys"). Kernow are okay though, not bought online but have from Warley, always helpful and polite.

My order for a Sentinel was processed and dispatched from Kernow. Very efficiently.

All our limited editions are handled by Kernow MRC and have been for at least a couple of years. Their service is first rate. 

CHRIS LEIGH

Archived