Unnamed layout

spenc

Hi

It's been a few months since selling my last layout & stock.

So now for the new layout it's going to be 10ft 6in x 18in 6ft is scenic station to fiddle yard Modern image

3rd rail EMUs/DMUs &loco stabling yard I have to thank Pete Harvey for letting me use his track plan I have done it so the tracks come in from the back of the boards to the front to a two platform station there will be a small Diesel depot at the front I have just converted one 350 to a 450 SWT using Electra vinyls I have put a track plan on here its not to scale but subject to alter.

post-11944-0-40881300-1399843800_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-03553700-1399843831_thumb.jpg

450 ready for London Waterloo

post-11944-0-14863800-1399843861_thumb.jpg

As you can see in this photo I have started on doing another EMU

post-11944-0-64165300-1399843882_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-27135400-1399843917_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-21650900-1399843946_thumb.jpg

Hi Jerry

Thanks for your comments the loco shed undecided what company to use it.Not done much today just put another coat of blue paint on the roof of the EMU.

Thanks

Steve

Hi

Day off today after doing a list of jobs I managed to get the rest of the platform edges down and finished the second putting the vinyls on the 450 EMU here's some pictures of the two of them.

Steve

post-11944-0-82436000-1400273054_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-72090600-1400273078_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi Spenc

I wondered what you might be up to after the sale of the last layout and stock, I can see now you've been busy! Then suddenly you reveal not one but two SWT 450s, has Scott (pitbull) asked you to do him one yet?

All looks good so far fella is the plan to exhibit?

Hi Temerarie

I had a little break after being ill but now getting back into modelling the SWT 450s look good. I don't know if Scott has seen them yet?one of them would look OK on his layout.The layout should make its first show in January 2015 thanks for your comments.

Steve

Hi Xerces Fobe2

Thank you for your comment hopefully I should be able crack on with this in the next few weeks I am changing jobs so more time for layout building.

Steve

Whoooooooooooooooooaaaa...   Steve whats going on!!  Modern image and 450's at that. Great, Love it.  Looks like you've done a good job with them. A driving end would look good on my layout, don't think I'd get the whole train in! 

Track plan looks good too, I do like Pete's layout, I had considered something similar in the past. Let me know when you're selling it. :jester:

I'm now a follower.

Hi Scott

Yes a bit of a shock to go modern but like I said when I was ill and had my mad idea to sell the last layout it all started from then to go upto date I do like the 450s & that livery suits them I might be tempted to do the 5 car 444s next but I will have to buy 2 sets.Petes layout is a great one what I am doing is making it a bit different the 450 is 43ins when all coupled together so you might get one on yours.I start a new job on the 2 June going back to driving buses first week got to go Bluestar depot at Barton Park Eastleigh to do a CPC course so might be a bit of spotting aswell I don,t know whether to go in my car or train if anybody lives that way what's the traffic in Eastleigh like got to be there for 8.30 ish thanks.when I know what days I have off I will bring one of my 450s & do a test on your layout then you will know if one fits as for selling this layout it,s a big NO,NO the other half as put her foot down big time she said if I sell I go with it.

Thanks for your comments

Steve

Hi Temerarie

Still undecided on the name & where to locate it yet most probably be Dorset or Hampshire somewhere around those areas got to find a reason why I,am running a FGW 166 to Reading?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Sorry there's nothing to report on the layout work as got in the way this new job lots of route learning now I know what hours I am doing not many Saturdays no Sundays no lates/bank holidays I can make a start on the layout so should be able to crack on as for the name got some ideas let you all know latter no new pictures.only news went to Bridport food & beer/cider festival on Saturday & only walked away with all the prizes from Wessex Fm bottle of champagne,bottles of local ciders,beer/cider vouchers for the beer tent,mugs,glasses

Meats/cheeses,tea shirts and other prizes.

Steve

post-11944-0-87637300-1402862172.jpg

Archived