Hornby Fowler 4P tank modifications

Hello all,

A quick question...

I have a Hornby Fowler 4P tank currently with an LMS (black) bodyshell (number 2345 for reference), but want a BR body replacement. It's the older model, not the latest version...

Basically...

Is there anywhere that stocks replacement bodies as necessary? A quick google and eBay trawl threw up nothing.

What would be the best detailing set available (if any) to improve the model?

Many thanks in advance

Chris

....I have a Hornby Fowler 4P tank currently with an LMS (black) bodyshell (number 2345 for reference), but want a BR body replacement. It's the older model, not the latest version...

Basically...

Is there anywhere that stocks replacement bodies as necessary? A quick google and eBay trawl threw up nothing.

If East Kent Models is still operating from its warehouse unit, then you might get lucky here. Otherwise, it may be a matter of eBay waiting.

What would be the best detailing set available (if any) to improve the model?

None since Crownline and Puffers/Perseverance went down the tubes.

Having said that, you might want to ask Mike Edge (of Judith Edge Kits) whether he might have something suitable in his unofficial etch range. Also get in touch with "farren" on this Forum, as I think he is working on a long-term project to produce an etch for the side-windowed "limousine" cab.

Thank you all - and my apologies for posting in the wrong section!

Michael, you''ll have a PM shortly about the etch!

Really looking forward to having a Fowler tank running around, listening to all those Peter Handford recordings of Tebay recently has seriously inspired me!

Chris

Contact details for East Kent Models:-

Welcome to the home of Hornby Railways replacement parts.

To receive a copy of our parts list by e-mail, please contact us at

ekmodels@hotmail.com

The list is in searchable PDF format and is split in to three sections:-

Tri-ang/Hornby UK (Margate) production

Hornby China production

Other manufacturers: Bachmann, Lima, etc., plus tools/service aids and other items of use to the modeller.

Please state which section(s) you would like to receive.

Please note that whenever possible, specific enquiries regarding the availability of parts should be made by post to East Kent Models, Unit 50 Joseph Wilson Industrial  Estate, Millstrood Road, Whitstable CT5 3PS or by phone - see below - between 1000 and 1600 hrs Tuesday/ Wednesday/Thursday, 1000 and 1300 hrs Friday.

A printed copy of the list is also available by post to UK addresses: please send a stamped self-addressed A5 envelope containing two first class stamps to the address above.

We also have residual clearance stocks of Hornby, Peco, Revell/Tamiya paints, etc., from our shop which closed in October 2012.  If you would like details, please send a stamped, self-addressed A5 envelope (not available by e-mail).

PLEASE NOTE:   Our normal telephone line (01227 770777) is out of action at the moment.  Contact can be made on 07854 094640 during our business hours (no facility for leaving messages out-of-hours) or by e-mail as above at any time.   We apologise for any inconvenience - we are in the hands of BT!

!!!!!  BUSINESS FOR SALE !!!!!

OWNERS RETIRING  

written enquiries welcomed to the above address.

Archived