The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Aaahh...Kittens. Warning: Cute Alert.

Arthur

Yes, I'm pushing the cute button.

Here's our cat, Treacle, last Thursday, with her two kittens born earlier that day;

post-6861-0-87875700-1400097860_thumb.jpg

She hadn't been spayed as we intended to have a litter from her. However, we were rather expecting to meet the father more formally, perhaps the cat of a doctor, a vet, a lawyer, a cat with prospects. But no.....Whilst we were on holiday, some tabby tom came slinking around, making her all sorts of promises, and the deed was done. A couple of weeks back our neighbours lad came around asking whether we might like a new kitten, their cat was also 'up the duff'. Seems tabby tom was a bit of a ladies man.

He's been back once since but we were back too, and more pertinently, so was our whippet, Poppy. 0 to 30 mph in no time and said Tabby was lucky to make the nearest tree, he's not returned, the swine!!

Anyway, Treacle's now got two adorable little kittens, here they are earlier today,

Altogether now, Aaahh.....

post-6861-0-86200800-1400098677_thumb.jpg

Yes, I'm pushing the cute button.

Here's our cat, Treacle, last Thursday, with her two kittens born earlier that day;

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

She hadn't been spayed as we intended to have a litter from her. However, we were rather expecting to meet the father more formally, perhaps the cat of a doctor, a vet, a lawyer, a cat with prospects. But no.....Whilst we were on holiday, some tabby tom came slinking around, making her all sorts of promises, and the deed was done. A couple of weeks back our neighbours lad came around asking whether we might like a new kitten, their cat was also 'up the duff'. Seems tabby tom was a bit of a ladies man.

He's been back once since but we were back too, and more pertinently, so was our whippet, Poppy. 0 to 30 mph in no time and said Tabby was lucky to make the nearest tree, he's not returned, the swine!!

Anyway, Treacle's now got two adorable little kittens, here they are earlier today,

Altogether now, Aaahh.....

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yep, we do need an "awww" button :)

There's one kitten that isn't embarrassing for blokes to find cute.

I present Chessie - the official mascot of the erstwhile Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad, and the later Chessie System and CSX Transportation.

http://www.cohs.org/images/chessie1.gif

(Link to image to avoid copyright infringement).

post-10122-0-45033000-1400708930_thumb.jpg

(GP9, Washington 1979)

Now ain't that just purr-dy!

Not just a kitty, but a Gee Gee in the background!

Yes, I cropped out most of the F40PH, but it would be sacrilege to remove the GG1!

(This was in the days when GG1s were regularly hauling passenger services from Union Terminal).

Archived