Roxey Mouldings ICI PHV Hopper Wagon

Just to sort of round things off here are photos of 2 such wagons out of a batch of 7 I recently built. They are John Summers wagons as bought and modified by ICI for their requirements. The transfers are from Precision Labels and Decals. One is as ex works whilst the other is heavily weathered.

They both look absolutely stunning very nice work there Shellshock :)

From what I remember or reading Paul's blog on his build it was not a straight forward build. The etches did not fold properly and needed to be made into parts, this then made other parts not fit.

I would be looking for a higher price for the build knowing it did not fall together.

I would be looking for a higher price for the build knowing it did not fall together.

All the more reason to take the bargainunrealistic offer of £45 each for an already proven acceptable build.

Of course you do not have to solder a brass kit together - heresy it might be and would meet with total disapproval by purists like me and others - but it is possible to use super glue to glue brass kits together. It has been done, even on locos. Why not try it and see? It could work out at a price that suits you and something affordable.

OK that is definitely the last time I'm going to be suggesting such an atrocity.

Super glue? lol heard it all now :) can't see that holding it together very well tbh especially with the thin tiny pieces + soldering it together gives it strength so will see, hmmm weres my super glue ;)

On the one built for 45.00 nar that aint gona happen as mentioned hes very busy so not going to mither him.

We've found 3 or 4 modellers now anyway who are up for the body fettling and challenge so all sorted just awaiting the bogies coming in stock before i can get mine posted off.

Cheers.

Archived