Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

HO Monon inspired layout

2 steps back to move forward this afternoon. Trimmed off the edge of the tank area and the whole of the ground cover came off in three pieces as a sheet. Finger test indicated I had never roughed up the plastic card and so had to be redone after coarse sandpaper had been applied. Ground cover added to the tank unloading area track work

post-9435-0-55807600-1450643210.jpeg

post-9435-0-15861000-1450643220.jpeg

Managed to get a little more done. Bought some of the deluxe ballast glue at Wakefield Show and gave it a try out. The micro pipette is great for applying near switches and on the cinder ballast did not seem to pool as much as with homemade watered down glue. Fixed in place fencing around the diner, packing plant and grade crossing shanty so some progress made as the rain beat against the garage doors.

• Like 1

Forgot that also dropped on this truck on the second hand stall

Looks like a classic Northeastern road vehicle, a scissor lift coal truck used for domestic deliveries

http://hooniverse.com/2013/10/26/weekend-edition-a-1951-ford-f6-high-lift-coal-delivery-truck-the-perfect-color-for-the-grinch-at-christmas-time/

Nick

Edited by doctor quinn

Looks like a classic Northeastern road vehicle, a scissor lift coal truck used for domestic deliveries http://hooniverse.com/2013/10/26/weekend-edition-a-1951-ford-f6-high-lift-coal-delivery-truck-the-perfect-color-for-the-grinch-at-christmas-time/

Nick

Indeed! If I save up all my dinner duty money for 2 years I could buy the real thing! The model is a kit made of white metal - pewter so sits very well on the ground I think although one careful owner but will need a little toning down as by the mid 60s will have made many deliveries

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this photo in Model Railroaders Jan issue and it made me think of you. Pic is no1, no2 is the caption for the pic might give insporation on locos and or scenery

b709ee52067558749283cc02af44a93b_zpse5fs

af41d107d4dea011a92f4267f3af4b45_zpskdyn

Thanks for the posting and I will have a look. Cold weather affects my lungs so no garage for me at the moment so working on bits for the club layout Troutons but time spent thinking on what I want to achieve is always good. Bits that came through post from Model Junction should allow me to finish the grocery warehouse a little more. Heavy week coming up work wise but that is how it goes

Cold spell seems to have turned to rain so hoping to get some garage time this weekend. Meanwhile a load of vegetable crates has arrived for placing around the grocery warehouse

Needs a bit of fettling painting but creates more reason for the building ( it is OO scale but isn't everything supposed to be larger in the US?)

post-9435-0-00521500-1453498047_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Not a lot of modelling time recently as work very hard with lots of staff off but made it once to the weekend. Pontefract show and picked up from Contikits this truck and trailer which I feel could work nicely on Vimes Street. It looks like a White truck to me but any other takers?

Woodsville on exhibit there and running and looking really good. Hope Vimes Street runs as sweetly.

post-9435-0-33347800-1454169915_thumb.jpeg

post-9435-0-56109900-1454169924_thumb.jpeg

I think you are right about the truck being a White - I bet those window pillars made life difficult !  I have a vague feeling that something similar was made in HO by Ulrich

EDIT - A surprising number still available on Ebay.com if you type in HO scale Ulrich trucks

Edited by shortliner

I think you are right about the truck being a White - I bet this window pillars made life difficult !  I have a vague feeling that something similar was made in HO by Ulrich

EDIT - A surprising number still available on Ebay.com if you type in HO scale Ulrich trucks

Thanks for the link and it seems it's a Mack!

Found these images on the www and the model is a very good representation so I think I will take various bits apart - mostly screwed together, add some filler, get rid of the old varnish that has bloomed with age and repaint.

Will keep a look out for these models from the same company - good quality and fit the period

post-9435-0-14344900-1454348640_thumb.jpeg

post-9435-0-22152000-1454348652.jpeg

post-9435-0-94579800-1454348661.jpeg

• Like 3

Broken down into its bits. It looks like some of the starter kits that can be bought to get kids into modelling as large castings that are screwed together so clean up session and looks like the chemical plant has gained a tanker - pays to have a rummage through contikits bits!

post-9435-0-51531700-1454398428_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2