RMweb

Burton Model RailEx 2014

binny

Burton Railway Society are once again holding their annual model railway exhibition at the National Brewery Centre in Burton upon Trent, DE14 1NG, on Sunday November 2nd 2014. Open from 10am until 4pm, the exhibition will feature up to 15 layouts plus full trade support. Static brewery locos will be on display along with the museum's collection of road vehicles.

Entrance fees: Adults £4, Members and concessions £3, Accompanied children under 15 £1, Family ticket £9.  This also gives full access to the brewery museum which also has its own N gauge working model of Burton upon Trent set in the 1920's.

Free parking. Refreshments available. Selection of cask ales.

Layouts;

Cronenburg

Karolina Falls

Old Mineral Line

Heath Green

Toms Shed

Broadwater Junction

Deesle Park

Glen Uig

Worcester South Quay

Thomas

Trix TT display

Quality displays of O gauge locos- John Fownes, John Howard and Adrian Ford

Lauries Lair

Rolleston-on-Dove

1920's model of Burton upon Trent

Traders:

Tony Brewin - Model Buses

David Wright - Dovedale models

Colin Wright - Railway artist

Wyvern models

Derby Trees and Scenics

Burton Models

Malcs Models

Heathcote Electronics

Derby Books - Chris Canner

12 volt DC

Brickyard Models

Stan Needham - Railwayana

Sherwood Models

Mike Mercer - Prints. photos etc

Motive Power Depot

Ravenstone models

Demonstrators;

P R Marshall - Weathered large scale locos

Brian Gillespie - Teddy Boston display

Philip Taylor - Matchstick locos

Societies attending;

Friends of the Great Central Railway

Patriot Society

Ecclesbourne Valley

Shackerstone Railway

The Rolleston Engineering and Transport Society

Another fantastic show and well worth a visit and if you need some road vehicles for your layouts make sure you pay a visit to my Dad's stall as he has been invited for the first time this year. Good luck to the organisers again this year.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Only a week to go until this excellent event. Looks like a good line up of layouts again.

Hi Andy

Yes, not long to wait now. We have a super mix of N, O, EM and OO plus demonstrators and traders. Throw in a really interesting museum and cask ales and hopefully, everyone who attends should have an enjoyable day

binny

Thanks to everyone who has looked at this topic. I am just in the process of ordering some nice weather !!!!!!!

I look forward to meeting our visitors on the day. I hope sixteen 12by 10s has a bit of luck in getting a driver.

I will look out for Andyram on the day and am looking forward to the Weston show in a couple of weeks time

binny

An excellent show once again, congratulations to all involved.

My "review" blog entry can be found via the blogs page if anyone is interested. I can't seem to paste the link on here today.

Thanks Andy for your nice comments. Thank you to all of the exhibitors, traders and demonstrators and to all of the public who visited our show. We had a great day, but not without a few hiccups along the way. Fortunately, these were all resolved prior to opening and even the weather was kind to us. One of our visitors was from Scarborough, which just goes to show the power of advertising. The planning has already started for next year, but in the mean time, I am looking forward to Andyram's show at Weston on Trent on the 15th November.

binny

Archived