Rails of Sheffield

Super D

• 2 months later...

Dissapointment for me today at rails. Rang up this morning to confirm they had a esu sound chip in stock for a DMU. Was told yes and offered a fitting service. So i made my way down from stoke and on arrival the same bloke told me that esu chips dont work with older Bachmann dmus. Apparently he never thought to mention this on the phone. Luckily olivias was only round the corner so they got my cash instead

• 2 weeks later...

So here's the thing:

Currently every one of the locos I ordered that were delivered this year, and for which I had to pay more than the price originally agreed, are currently on the Bargain List at a price considerably less than I finally paid.

Fair enough. My decision to pay the increased price. My bad luck the price was subsequently reduced.

But now another decision looms. Do I cancel the next order in the queue and wait for it too to hit the bargain basement?

I already cancelled the S15 and expect that to be reduced eventually.   But this one is the King - and I'm not so confident about that.

With initial prices artificially held high by maunfacturers, will most products end up on the bargain lists? Will customers get used to waiting for the inevitable price cuts when the manufacturers' price freeze periods end?

Either way, doing business like this is not going to win customers in the long run.

• 3 weeks later...

Dissapointment for me today at rails. Rang up this morning to confirm they had a esu sound chip in stock for a DMU. Was told yes and offered a fitting service. So i made my way down from stoke and on arrival the same bloke told me that esu chips dont work with older Bachmann dmus. Apparently he never thought to mention this on the phone. Luckily olivias was only round the corner so they got my cash instead

Why dont ESU chips work with older Bachmann DMUs? Is it 8 pin sockets and 21 pin chips?

• RMweb Premium

Just a quick question for anyone who has visited Rails recently. Is the secondhand side of the shop open? Reason I ask is that I hope to be going to Sheffield in the near future and will visit if it is.

Just a quick question for anyone who has visited Rails recently. Is the secondhand side of the shop open? Reason I ask is that I hope to be going to Sheffield in the near future and will visit if it is.

I was there last week; there is no S/H on display at the shop.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased an item from Rails eBay listings and found the service to be excellent and got an item I had been wanting at a good price after making an offer. When my item arrived there was a minor issue as a couple of coaches had been mixed in the box from another item they were selling. A quick phone call to explain the problem was all it took. They checked they had the correct ones in store, called me back and emailed a returns label to send the incorrect ones back. The correct ones arrived safely and well packed. They are a pleasure to deal with.

All the best

Mark

Archived