Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

USE Switcher help please what loco is this

Help please, this loco body and chassis cane with a couple of 00 rtr locos i bought on Ebay. There are no makers marks I can find on either the body or chassis

post-1131-0-52788000-1402130312_thumb.jpg

Please what type is the loco and maker please

post-1131-0-32648600-1402130278_thumb.jpg

As you can see no motor, couplings etc but may be of use a a dummy loco for double heading or spares, so will put on eBay for 99p + post & packing

To be quite honest it pushes through the 00sf turnouts very well and a working one may make an ideal test loco as the chassis looks to be of a decent quality

Thanks in advance

A blue-box kit era HO scale Athearn SW1500, it's also missing the number boards moulding from the cab front, and the brake cylinders from the trucks by the looks of it.

They sold a dummy version with plastic wheels, and a motorised version with metal ones. (If you have a metal wheeled unmotorised one then it's either had the gear train robbed or replacement metal wheels added)

http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH3906 is the kit version.

In 2008 they did a major retool and the model came back as a very nicely detailed RTR one - here's the equivalent:

http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH95837

Thanks for a quick reply

The wheels look to be metal, and as I thought a previous owner has taken both motor and pickups (as they had with a Hornby Jinty and a Dublo R1). I guess someone might be able to use the loco for either double heading or spares

Archived