RMweb

OMG another potty one!

So on the newly completed locomotive's first test run, the roof light nacelles were resolutely torn off under the first overbridge. The general manager was not best pleased. The designer stated that the loco had been built within gauge and blamed the PW staff for packing the track too high while the PW staff stated that they had no choice due to flooding. The locomotive has returned to the works to have new lights fitted to a lower gauge. The wife of the general manager said that they were horrible things in any case and asked what had posessed the designer to draw them in the first place. The designer stated he had seen such things in a photograph of the latest offerings from America, His wife then replied 'well, that explains it'.

• RMweb Premium

Doh! Glad to hear the fine art training of the wife of the General Manager will rein in some of the flights of fancy of the designer. Might produce less wear and tear on the bridges and tunnels!

Cheers

Dave (Desperado rtd.)

Mad American Rooster indeed, my wife says an Alco PA1 looks like a wall eyed pike. Quite disappointed the wheels are largely hidden I was hoping to see running gear somewhat like a centipede or GG1. Must build something similar for Keadue

'Quite disappointed the wheels are largely hidden'   The pre-war era I model was all streamlining so hence the bogies are indeed hidden. While Europe initiated the 'modernistic movement' it was indeed hijacked by the Yanks who continued with the theme regardless of taste! I love your wife's description of the ALCO! Having recently built a lot of steamers, it has been fun to build this one for a change. I found it more challenging in some ways, making it out of brass, than the steamers.

I have become delusioned with Digitrax chips. They come in batches that do not work and some fail if the lead wires are shortened. I have now changed to TCS (1013 MC2). These have the added advantage of having a socket at the chip so soldering can be done and it all checked out before risking the chip.

• RMweb Premium

That's one mightily impressive lineup!

Do you have some more info on the chocolate & cream railcar set?  I don't think I've seen it before.  Its not a GW interloper is it?

Cheers, Dave.

Archived