South Devon Railway 22/06/14

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday I 'bobbed' in to the South Devon Railway on a glorious summer's day where I found L92 hard at work. I'd stopped at Staverton for a lovely vegetable pasty from the Riverford Farm Shop and took out my 'point and shoot' and snapped this shot at of L92 entering Staverton from Totnes.

post-7584-0-58813200-1403558183_thumb.jpg

Here she is being readied at Buckfastleigh prior to running the first service of the day.  Perhaps a scene from Neasden in the 1960's? Then again!

post-7584-0-36824900-1403558373_thumb.jpg

To finish-being a fan of 'exotic French machinery' I found this 1987 2CV6 Special 'Bamboo' Ltd edition in superb condition.  Now if only I could have borrowed it for the day..................

post-7584-0-27472500-1403558728_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Something about that pannier in that livery is really pleasing...!

Something that makes you want to buy the Bachmann model.......Almost!

• RMweb Gold

Sorry, it's Green or Black that does it for me  :yes: 

Nice chocolate, that!  ;)

I like the 2CV

I saw a guy with one down the shops recently and commented on the rareness of such things nowadays - His reply was "Im not surprised, they're ****, this is the wifes" :D

I always used to call them 'tombe en panne' cars... :D

• RMweb Gold

I'm also a fan of L92, it's a striking livery and makes it (her) stand out from the general green-ness around the SDR. Not decrying the railway in any way, it's one of my favorite places to be, but L92 just adds that extra little something...

Re 2CVs, I was in a pub garden several years ago when one turned up with the roof rolled back and at least 8 people stood up in it! Rather alarming roll* as it took the corner.... :O

*more alarming than their normal roll, which was bad enough!

Archived