The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Eli Wallach dies - Only The Good left now

beast66606

• RMweb Gold

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28012230

Eli Wallach, star of the Magnificent 7 and, probably more widely known, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, has died aged a ripe old 98.

I loved him as the loveable "rogue" Tuco (The Ugly)

Lee Van Cleef (The Bad) died in 1989, only Clint (The Good) left now, from the main characters.

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk - RIP Eli.

• RMweb Premium

RIP Eli. 98 is a good innings. Like many I remember him almost exclusively in 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly', and 'The Magnificent Seven', but on reading the news about his death today, he did much, much more, and a lot of stage work too.

Only watched The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on Monday night. One of my all time favourite films, Tuco certainly stole the show with some brilliant lines "You know who your father is, blondie? You don't, I do, everyone does. You are the son of a thousand fathers - all b******s, like you." "look, one b****** goes in and another comes out", could go on with quotes. I'm a massive Eastwood fan but Eli was the best in that film.

r.i.p eli the good, the bad and the ugly is my favorite film out of the three. The music in the cemetery scene at the end is out of this world.

One of the most iconic music scores of all time but back to Eli, both my wife and I were quite saddned, we both grew up with films with Eli in them and is probably why I'm very much into Westerns (except for John Wayne ones, then again, who could hold a candle to Eli in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Some great actors out there but nothing comes near Tuco - and possibly never will.

A great actor who did way more than play Mexican bad guys. I too have just watched the Good Bad and the Ugly but the other week watched him with Kate Winslet in The Holiday which goes to show how versatile he was able to bridge generations of actors. If there's any justice they will bury him in a grave marked unknown next to Archy Stanton and I mean that as a tribute. RIP Eli

• RMweb Premium

Very sad, but all three main actors were good in TGTBATU

Change any and it would have failed.

I hope Clints holds on a bit longer.

Archived