italian layouts ?

Simon Moore

Hi all

I've just been watching some great videos on YouTube of Domodossola station which is situated on the Italian border. The station is a main artery for freight into Europe & this got me wondering.

As almost all topics or railway modeling is covered one way or the other surely there are some good italian llayouts out there. Are there any links or websites so I can have a nosey ??

Cheers

Simon

My family comes from Campania in Italy and the railway line snaking from Naples down the meditteranean coast is lovely and always reminds me of summer holidays. :) The line was doubled and electrified in the late 50s but was also realigned in some places so that you can see the remains of the old 19th century bridges and viaducts next to their 20th century replacements.

A lovely setting to watch trains go by along the narrow strip between the mountains and the sea. :sungum:

• 2 months later...

If you want some FS modelling inspiration (at least for the pictures,it's in Italian) go to www.scalatt.it (ignore the TT unless you're into that) it also covers HO.Click on 'Plastici' (note:plastico/plastici is/are the Italian for layout/s) select the HO section,click on each layout in the list and drool over the pictures.Highly recommended!

Archived