Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Flipping Scalescenes

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Does anyone know an easy way for a computer illiterate soul like myself to flip a scalescenes sheet for printing....

Hopefully that makes sense to someone.

I am trying to build the medium station platform shelter as a standalone building so need a second end wall shaped the other way to the one provided.

Thanks 

Owen

• RMweb Premium

Several of the PC image programs have "horizontal flip" application. Even Microsoft "Paint" on most PC's has it. You could copy the file import it into "Paint" and then flip it.

HTH

Rob

The process that you need within the application may be called something other than 'flip'; maybe 'mirror' or 'rotate'.

You need to be brave, and experiment with the options if you don't know what they do. You can make a copy of your Scalescenes file on your hard drive using the instruction "save a copy as" or "save as" and re-name it something slightly different.  Then you can do what you like with the copy, without altering the original.

However, even if the process does not do what you want and makes a complete pigs-ear of things, there is always the 'undo' option which will take away the last modification.

Hi Owen

The method is to copy the part of the image that you wish to mirror and paste into a graphics package.

Some pdf files have the ability to use the snapshot feature blocked however and then you would need to use the PrintScreen key to grab the screen.

You may find this topic useful:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/83446-scalescenes-in-o-r002b/

Regards.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Owen

The method is to copy the part of the image that you wish to mirror and paste into a graphics package.

Some pdf files have the ability to use the snapshot feature blocked however and then you would need to use the PrintScreen key to grab the screen.

You may find this topic useful:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/83446-scalescenes-in-o-r002b/

Regards.

The problem with printscreen, or snapshot, is that all you get is a copy of the captured image at the native screen resolution, whatever that might be, usually either 72dpi or more common these days 96dpi. You do not get the native file resolution, or therefore the correct scaling. Scalescenes files are generally locked anyway.

Some printers allow a mirror image to be produced - Epson do -  and this might be one answer.

Izzy

Hi Izzy

Please read the last post in the topic I mentioned and look at the images I produced.

The real limitation is the native resolution of the pdf file not the screen resolution.

Enlarge and then copy - the copy will be at the screen resolution but with more pixels than the 100% display size and so you can get a higher resolution copy.

I also covered the security settings in an earlier post.

Regards.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Izzy

Please read the last post in the topic I mentioned and look at the images I produced.

The real limitation is the native resolution of the pdf file not the screen resolution.

Enlarge and then copy - the copy will be at the screen resolution but with more pixels than the 100% display size and so you can get a higher resolution copy.

I also covered the security settings in an earlier post.

Regards.

Hi 66C,

Please forgive, I understand how/why enlarging/reducing the PDF works for different scales ( because it's a non-rasterized image and thus resolution is independent of print size/scale) but I don't understand how you can enlarge/magnify a screen image for increased resolution and still be able to keep the correct scaling. How do you work it out?

thanks,

Izzy

Hi Izzy

The main thing is to keep track of the screen scale being displayed.

If, for example, you wish to copy a section of a pdf file at a higher than screen resolution, change the screen display to say 200%. Copy the section of screen. Paste into a Word document as a picture. Use the Format Picture options in Word to display the picture at 50%. The picture will then be at the same magnification as the original pdf at 100% but will have twice the linear resolution compared to a screen copy at 100%.

It would not be a good idea to use a graphics program such as Paint for working with the copy as you would not have the same amount of control over the displayed size. A drawing program that gives relative magnifications would be suitable. I use Word as I can fit several images on a page and be able to get full control over the display and print size.

Regards.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Izzy

The main thing is to keep track of the screen scale being displayed.

If, for example, you wish to copy a section of a pdf file at a higher than screen resolution, change the screen display to say 200%. Copy the section of screen. Paste into a Word document as a picture. Use the Format Picture options in Word to display the picture at 50%. The picture will then be at the same magnification as the original pdf at 100% but will have twice the linear resolution compared to a screen copy at 100%.

It would not be a good idea to use a graphics program such as Paint for working with the copy as you would not have the same amount of control over the displayed size. A drawing program that gives relative magnifications would be suitable. I use Word as I can fit several images on a page and be able to get full control over the display and print size.

Regards.

Ah, thanks, that's nice and simple and uses common programs. That's great.

Izzy

Archived