RMweb

LNER identity please

LNER green pacifc, just went past the end of my street, I didnt catch what it was but it must be a LNER pacific because i did catch sight of the tender, and it had some carraiges, the last carraige had "National railway museum york" on the side.

I have been to the realtime website, but its not there (Calder bridge Jnc,)

Regards, sam

Guest 2750

As far as I'm aware there are no pacifics in apple green currently that steam. A1 Tornado is in BR Blue, A2 Blue Peter is in Apple Green but doesn't steam, unless 4472 is now finished then (which I doubt) then I've not idea what you possibly saw!

EDIT, have just re read and you didn't state apple green (LNER modeller has apple green on the mind). If it's BR Green, then I suspect 60009 Union of South Africa.

LNER green pacifc, just went past the end of my street, I didnt catch what it was but it must be a LNER pacific because i did catch sight of the tender, and it had some carraiges, the last carraige had "National railway museum york" on the side.

I have been to the realtime website, but its not there (Calder bridge Jnc,)

Regards, sam

60009 and 61994 retuning from Dereham. They were also diesel hauled from Newark after a couple of small fires between there and Grantham.

Archived