Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Me too - his finishing is certainly impressive on these complex liveries. I was also tempted by the DB Malcolm variation, also on display…

The Rainbow Railways 90024 is absolutely fantastic. I’m glad I have mine I’ve paired it with 90028 in DB for now.

18 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Well, that's a good point but I expect by "all" it was probably meant as all normal liveries i.e. ones applied to multiple locos.

I think you have to look really at what stock is available and what’s left to do with if its been applied to multiple 90’s.

RES and EWS are good shouts as they could be re-numbered and they go with lots of rolling stock that’s available. RES would go with the Mk.1’s Bachmann already do and if I’m thinking correctly it would go with the Anglia Mk.2’s they should be doing, along with a few other bits. EWS pretty much should go with anything from Dapol ICA’s and Revolutions modern Cartic wagons to Hornbys LNER/VTEC Mk.4’s and anything in between with the multiple running numbers to go with it. I mean if they did toothpaste One Anglia livery then the Mk.3’s are there if you can get hold of them and it’s a close era to the Anglia Mk.2’s?

The final point is as someone else said that will they be spreading peoples budgets too thin with AS’s 92’s and Heljan 86’s and Hornby 91’s all coming out? I guess the thing will be is how quickly the current batch disappears, if it goes quickly then I think we might see them sooner but if they are selling slowly we have our answers…

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, XChris said:

I think you have to look really at what stock is available and what’s left to do with if its been applied to multiple 90’s.

The main ones for me that I think would be successful are RES and EWS. FL orange I would like but they have done 3 FL ones already so that market may be near saturated (although I didn't buy either of the last two as I want to wait for an orange one).

GNER might sell to go with the Hornby stock and has more uses than their GNER 91?

I also think some of the DB celebs or GC might work well, we have a plain one already which can be renumbered etc. for normal ones.

I admit I do have a Hornby Malcolm Anniversary one on order as I like the livery and at about £65 after the 20% off weekend they did a few weeks back was good value even if I just have it sat there to look at the livery.

The great thing about 90s in the present day scene in terms of how many people might want is that you don't tend to see them on their own in regular service.

24 minutes ago, XChris said:

The Rainbow Railways 90024 is absolutely fantastic. I’m glad I have mine I’ve paired it with 90028 in DB for now.

RES and EWS are good shouts as they could be re-numbered and they go with lots of rolling stock that’s available. RES would go with the Mk.1’s Bachmann already do and if I’m thinking correctly it would go with the Anglia Mk.2’s they should be doing, along with a few other bits. EWS pretty much should go with anything from Dapol ICA’s and Revolutions modern Cartic wagons to Hornbys LNER/VTEC Mk.4’s and anything in between with the multiple running numbers to go with it. I mean if they did toothpaste One Anglia livery then the Mk.3’s are there if you can get hold of them and it’s a close era to the Anglia Mk.2’s?

The final point is as someone else said that will they be spreading peoples budgets too thin with AS’s 92’s and Heljan 86’s and Hornby 91’s all coming out? I guess the thing will be is how quickly the current batch disappears, if it goes quickly then I think we might see them sooner but if they are selling slowly we have our answers…

Production slots will probably be organised and booked a number of months in advance so allowing for production and shipping time even if they pressed the 'go' button now you probably wouldn't see the models for another 4-6 months anyway. It'll take time for sales feedback for the current releases in shops now to be judged on their success

6 hours ago, TomScrut said:

The main ones for me that I think would be successful are RES and EWS. FL orange I would like but they have done 3 FL ones already so that market may be near saturated (although I didn't buy either of the last two as I want to wait for an orange one).

Completely agree they hit the nail on the head for so many reasons to pair up with stock and to be able to re-number them.

6 hours ago, TomScrut said:

GNER might sell to go with the Hornby stock and has more uses than their GNER 91?

I admit I do have a Hornby Malcolm Anniversary one on order as I like the livery and at about £65 after the 20% off weekend they did a few weeks back was good value even if I just have it sat there to look at the livery.

If I remember correctly, the GNER coaches are too late on but could be wrong? 
Secondly wash your mouth out! Hornby 90!!!🤢🤮

6 hours ago, GordonC said:

Production slots will probably be organised and booked a number of months in advance so allowing for production and shipping time even if they pressed the 'go' button now you probably wouldn't see the models for another 4-6 months anyway. It'll take time for sales feedback for the current releases in shops now to be judged on their success

Yeah that’s a fair point, do you reckon they can compare to how the original batch sold to how these have started selling with some good predictive software?

• Funny 1

On 19/04/2022 at 21:17, TomScrut said:

Well, that's a good point but I expect by "all" it was probably meant as all normal liveries i.e. ones applied to multiple locos.

90s must have one of the highest livery/class size ratios going!

so I can expect a One, NXEA and Greater Anglia (both AGA and GA variants) by the end of the year...still not sure Ill be holding my breath for that to happen 😀

23 minutes ago, stonojnr said:

so I can expect a One, NXEA and Greater Anglia (both AGA and GA variants) by the end of the year...still not sure Ill be holding my breath for that to happen 😀

I never said it.... Was just saying what I'd count as "all" if they were doing "all" in a year.

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, stonojnr said:

it would be nice, though they currently lack stock for them to pull.

7 hours ago, adb968008 said:

it would be nice, though they currently lack stock for them to pull.

The One stock is there from Hornby if you can afford it… only need about £800 for a rake 🤣🤑

8 hours ago, stonojnr said:

I’m not an east anglia modeller but it has been rather under catered for for some time surprisingly I’m wondering if we will see an Oxford Mk.3A release of something east Anglian soon…

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, XChris said:

The One stock is there from Hornby if you can afford it… only need about £800 for a rake 🤣🤑

I’m not an east anglia modeller but it has been rather under catered for for some time surprisingly I’m wondering if we will see an Oxford Mk.3A release of something east Anglian soon…

I’m awaiting someone else’s new mk3’s…

afterall what’s the point in making a HST mk3 and not LHCS mk3’s.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I’m awaiting someone else’s new mk3’s…

afterall what’s the point in making a HST mk3 and not LHCS mk3’s.

Seen as they are almost the same company, it might be closer than you think...

(If it comes in a red/yellow box that is)

4 hours ago, XChris said:

Anglia is a difficult region to model.

Services have been dominated by AC EMUs since the early 60s, none of which have ever been available RTR.

8 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Services have been dominated by AC EMUs since the early 60s, none of which have ever been available RTR.

Ohhh yes I've seen people attempt to model the region and struggle to get hold of RTR stock, but if you had the 90's and Mk.3's. The anglia 86's and Mk.2's then at least a few could model the likes of Norwich, Ipswich and northern bits of the main line then those who model the southern can also pick up the Locos and LHCS and hopefully you might get some units to go with...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, XChris said:

Seen as they are almost the same company, it might be closer than you think...

(If it comes in a red/yellow box that is)

I’m thinking of the 5th (following Jouef, Hornby, Lima, Oxford) potential would be manufacturer of mk3’s… the one Hornby was apparently shaken by in that tv series that resulted in them “upgrading” their HST.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I’m thinking of the 5th (following Jouef, Hornby, Lima, Oxford) potential would be manufacturer of mk3’s… the one Hornby was apparently shaken by in that tv series that resulted in them “upgrading” their HST.

Do you know I don't even know who this company is that has shaken Hornby to its core?

22 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

A situation likely to be remedied at a stroke (at least for the up-to-date modern period) when the Hornby FLIRT appears....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, XChris said:

Do you know I don't even know who this company is that has shaken Hornby to its core?

imo, the ones making locos that pull mk3’s are probably best placed to make mk3’s, and may as well do the power cars too.

Otherwise your making locos with sales appeal dependent on others to make the right stock for it.

But until we get the big reveal, its all just guesswork.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

imo, the ones making locos that pull mk3’s are probably best placed to make mk3’s, and may as well do the power cars too.

Otherwise your making locos with sales appeal dependent on others to make the right stock for it.

I'm hoping another company sees the Mark Trees as an open goal and gives us a definitive model

• Round of applause 1

7 hours ago, adb968008 said:

But if it's the company making 90's it's going to be an expensive coach, nevermind rake.  Never even bothered with Bachmann Mk2 E/Fs.  Fingers crossed it's the Dublin boys... stretching it a little but 31's used to do the MK3 Pullman's to Paignton (Still got my Lima Mk3's with the names Sir John Barbirolli etc.), 37's and 92's did the Caledonian sleeper with Mk3's too!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Torbay Express said:

But if it's the company making 90's it's going to be an expensive coach, nevermind rake.  Never even bothered with Bachmann Mk2 E/Fs.  Fingers crossed it's the Dublin boys... stretching it a little but 31's used to do the MK3 Pullman's to Paignton (Still got my Lima Mk3's with the names Sir John Barbirolli etc.), 37's and 92's did the Caledonian sleeper with Mk3's too!

Imo Hornby and Oxford both missed a trick on Intercity Pullmans.

That said LSL missed the same trick, they have several mk3 Pullmans in their rake, and in Intercity livery, but haven’t restored their names.

9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Imo Hornby and Oxford both missed a trick on Intercity Pullmans.

That said LSL missed the same trick, they have several mk3 Pullmans in their rake, and in Intercity livery, but haven’t restored their names.

Actually, the real trick is if you look at the chassis on the Lima version, the chassis detail tooling is far better than that of recent Hornby offerings, plus whilst I like the Oxford, much more rigid. 

It's like the Class 47, whilst both bogies have the pipework both sides and a few flaws, the Lima 47 bogie frame tooling is far more detailed than any other.

On 22/04/2022 at 21:34, Torbay Express said:

Class 92s hauled Mk3A Sleepers for a while.