Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

2 minutes ago, DBC90024 said:

That's a great job Jerry, it puts mine to shame on the detailed stuff, just out of curiosity, how long did that take you to do?

Maybe you could do some touch up works with my first pair next year, possibly?

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Hi Kat, I did it during November but as it can’t go to its new home until lock down ends it was an as and when job in between all the other projects in the month. I did all the prep and painting over 3 or four different days and then last week it was reassemble and decals then weathering over a couple more days. You are tied to what you can do in a day due to paint drying times. I post a lot of pics on my workbench so people can see all the different stages and how things develop so you can follow it on there. Would be happy to do any work on yours just let me know! Cheers Jerry

1 hour ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Hi Kat, I did it during November but as it can’t go to its new home until lock down ends it was an as and when job in between all the other projects in the month. I did all the prep and painting over 3 or four different days and then last week it was reassemble and decals then weathering over a couple more days. You are tied to what you can do in a day due to paint drying times. I post a lot of pics on my workbench so people can see all the different stages and how things develop so you can follow it on there. Would be happy to do any work on yours just let me know! Cheers Jerry

Hi Jerry, I will definitely check it out later, db blue is one of my fave DB 90s along with Malcolm, Bill and Jack and the others

Sooooo, 90039 has been unveiled, as for it being in its base coat from its Grand Central days @LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 it never actually got that far as to wear that livery, is it possible that they are readying 90039 for a quick switch to "Bumblebee livery" ???? ... well I am torn about that too, there are too many inconsistencies about the resulting livery. It has the upper and lower grey bands like a normal DB90, the "bumblebee livery" had neither - if they were thinking that, why didnt they just go for the GC black all over and pop a DB logo on it like 90019, 90028 or 90035. 

I find myself rather underwhelmed with this livery and think DB have missed a trick with this especially at an unprecedented time what with the pandemic as it is - i actually think its a bit out of touch as well - yes okay so one 66 (113) has a keyworkers message on it, this was a chance to further push the support for the NHS.

#badDB 

kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Edited by DBC90024
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Well 90039 has been outshopped in its new livery with a base of black from its Grand Central days and it looks amazing! Hopefully another livery Bachmann will make!

I am the Backbone of the economy.

(Photo from Flickr)

If they did I reckon it would be discounted / useful for resprays.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

Wratting Road gained another Bachmann 90 over this week, 90034 in DB branded DRS livery, big thanks goes to squirrel rail once again. Done a fab respray and detail work that can’t be faulted and it’s probably the best repaint of 034 out there. Just need to get her coupled up to some AGA mk3s or my pretendabellio to model her 2015/2016 hired in services to Abellio Greater Anglia. 

293507EE-BFDF-4218-9C21-F3F05E68E496.jpeg.58a1cc70955defa68ff774dccc5b6273.jpeg

AEF1C585-9EA8-4888-98D9-9D26E723EDBC.jpeg.0574ce842774b9ffac2b35cea528f123.jpeg

D685DD79-C51A-4B62-BD5C-51A1BF6DDA53.jpeg.dfc0500968f369a78e987b2a16fdd793.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

22 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Well 90039 has been outshopped in its new livery with a base of black from its Grand Central days and it looks amazing! Hopefully another livery Bachmann will make!

I am the Backbone of the economy.

(Photo from Flickr)

im surprised they didn’t put that livery on a shed. Makes more sense rather than having it on a 90!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, WrattingRoad said:

im surprised they didn’t put that livery on a shed. Makes more sense rather than having it on a 90!

i’m surprised it didnt say “I’m a sticker covering up a mess”.

in a way the branding is very Germanic, a number of DB locos in Germany have written branding on the side, but tbh it doesnt work for me.

The DRS Cable thieves and WCRS Scarborough Spa adverts dont appeal to me either. Its a cheapo form of special liveries. Maybe i’m old school but trains/locos/stock sell themselves and deliver their messages subtly, not overtly. Its a slippery slope to open advertising thats a horrendous thought.. McAventra, KFC carriage, SkyTV EMU, DFS Sofa express, Silent Night sleeper, gocompare Pendolino, samsung galaxy 68, RyanAirPacer : “The train that makes the plane look good”, “change your shed for garage” class 66 , “Trade your duff for a Ford” 47, “Does this shunter go faster than your internet” etc..

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Following on from the not so big reveal of 90039 ... it turns out this is the second DB electric loco to be branded this way ... 

I am now a little less sceptical about it but still would have preferred a large Malcolm Rail decal across the side of it instead or even a second Scottish highlands scene like 90024

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Edited by DBC90024
  • Like 5

On 08/12/2020 at 23:45, adb968008 said:

I wonder why the DB loco (in germany) wasnt branded in German ?

Ich bin das Rückgrat der Wirtschaft

That's a very good point, I don't know if it's maybe because the locos end up in places where german isn't so widely spoken and everyone speaks English here anyway? I know from where I am in Bonn locos can be in Holland or belgium in an hour or so and into the french or italian speaking part of Switzerland in ~6/7 hours. I haven't much experience of the other boarders to east and north of us. But english is the one language where the advertisement would work in countries mentioned above as well as poland and denmark etc. Plus it's almost fashionable to conduct business in english because it means you are part of an international company/market and not just a local German market. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

On 20/07/2014 at 18:44, 69843 said:

Certainly an interesting loco, one that might just make it onto my radar

Well some 6 years and a pandemic later, I was gifted a 90005 by some very good friends, complete with LMB sound file. 

And what a lovely model it is. Just awaiting the Mk3s to arrive, and then the DVT re-run to be released. 

Pictured on a mate’s Australian layout under construction, and alongside an Auscision Models 86 (8650-the Bo-Bo-Bo). 

CA8CEEFB-96E6-401C-AE58-8BF44096DF28.jpeg

189C43E1-03C1-4361-A70E-E45AED984A55.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Been a bit quiet on the 90 front but today mavv bc aged to get some progress on 90130. Lots to do but getting there!

139CFA74-22A0-4200-942F-F22CD93DFB54.jpeg.1644efb1f23dd69d59c87e0886e3c185.jpeg

That's coming on nicely Jerry ... your second take on 90030 i see ...

A bit quiet on the 90 front here despite at least one of the LSL 90s being on duty at Crewe, i did manage to catch Bumblebee1 and Jack on 4m25 as close as i am probably going to get to them on friday at Stafford station.

I am hoping with father Christmas starting to plan filling his sack, that he doesnt forget coming to Stafford lol..

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Edited by DBC90024
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DBC90024 said:

That's coming on nicely Jerry ... your second take on 90030 i see ...

A bit quiet on the 90 front here despite at least one of the LSL 90s being on duty at Crewe, i did manage to catch Bumblebee1 and Jack on 4m25 as close as i am probably going to get to them on friday at Stafford station.

I am hoping with father Christmas starting to plan filling his sack, that he doesnt forget coming to Stafford lol..

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Hi Kat, it didn’t dawn on me about being the second one until I got the decal sheet out and it had the option of 130 or 030! Jack is definitely on my to do list - when Santa’s finished in Stafford he can drop me off some spare time! Cheers Jerry

On 13/12/2020 at 22:04, Squirrel Rail said:

Hi Kat, it didn’t dawn on me about being the second one until I got the decal sheet out and it had the option of 130 or 030! Jack is definitely on my to do list - when Santa’s finished in Stafford he can drop me off some spare time! Cheers Jerry

Jack's already taken care of now ... @Squirrel Rail

big smiles

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

IMG_20201211_144313_860.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

Ah yes because that livery probably wore both, i didn't mean that though, i was thinking you did 90030 in EWS then you did it in SNCF two tone grey and orange. 

Kat @johnsonstreetIEMD

Here is the finished SNCF Livery ,more pics on my workbench thread, suppose I have to do 030 in mainline now and I will have got all its liveries covered!

IMG_2593.jpg.eb1ee59cfc8da6923cfee5c0709bbebf.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg.094d27ec6223b30c943e96d3475a4480.jpg

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 1

Another missing number covered 90045. This has a few differences to the 90042 base model which mainly involves the positioning of warning flashes and the data panel other than the renumbering- thank you Steve@railtec-models for those. 

3D769465-BA82-4D3F-A78D-019D0A9EAEDF.jpeg.b63a4d67845a2a5456c8339f59f5be2d.jpeg

The other detail that really makes it look different from 042 is the yellow dividing bar between the windscreens which is black on 042. The Roof is underway too so after a days drying will hopefully finish it Friday.

218A75BB-DDBA-4F2B-80DE-380DFFD9F7B7.jpeg.e36bfc591b81a6818d197da0fe71d996.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

4 hours ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Another missing number covered 90045. This has a few differences to the 90042 base model which mainly involves the positioning of warning flashes and the data panel other than the renumbering- thank you Steve@railtec-models for those. 

3D769465-BA82-4D3F-A78D-019D0A9EAEDF.jpeg.b63a4d67845a2a5456c8339f59f5be2d.jpeg

The other detail that really makes it look different from 042 is the yellow dividing bar between the windscreens which is black on 042. The Roof is underway too so after a days drying will hopefully finish it Friday.

218A75BB-DDBA-4F2B-80DE-380DFFD9F7B7.jpeg.e36bfc591b81a6818d197da0fe71d996.jpeg

Great job there @Squirrel Rail .. a nice looking 90045 coming on there.. we used to catch pairs of them passing DB 90s right at the same moment until the 88s arrived on the queensville curve in Stafford. Four 90's in the same spot most week days... there weren't many places that occured.

16 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

Great job there @Squirrel Rail .. a nice looking 90045 coming on there.. we used to catch pairs of them passing DB 90s right at the same moment until the 88s arrived on the queensville curve in Stafford. Four 90's in the same spot most week days... there weren't many places that occured.

That would be a good sight. Sometimes you would get 3 in a row at Ipswich - passenger service in either platform ( both 90s on the London ends ) and a freightliner waiting in the centre road - not everyday though and never to be repeated now we are unit central:fie:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Squirrel Rail said:

That would be a good sight. Sometimes you would get 3 in a row at Ipswich - passenger service in either platform ( both 90s on the London ends ) and a freightliner waiting in the centre road - not everyday though and never to be repeated now we are unit central:fie:

ta da !!!

I miss this occurence especially with freightliner adding two new liveries, ex-GA and G&W to the mix of freight freightliner, green and powerhaul. Fortunately still getting to see the DB90s with the addition of bumblebee. Christine and Backbone.

Hopefully in the not so distant future we will see the re-emergence of EWS (90030) and maybe RfD (90027) also, with both mooted for returns to action by DB.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

ta da !!!

I miss this occurence especially with freightliner adding two new liveries, ex-GA and G&W to the mix of freight freightliner, green and powerhaul. Fortunately still getting to see the DB90s with the addition of bumblebee. Christine and Backbone.

Hopefully in the not so distant future we will see the re-emergence of EWS (90030) and maybe RfD (90027) also, with both mooted for returns to action by DB.

Great vid - would love it if 27 came back in RFD - I’d have to do that one!

• Like 1