Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

16 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi everyone,

Thought you might like to see DB 90037 which has just passed through my workbench for assembly. Just the etched name plates to go on to complete. 

All the best

Mark

B7515392-DFBB-4228-80A9-BAA95619E540.jpeg

550A611C-1EE9-4ECB-B0B7-FF37185A3B02.jpeg

F0F77B7E-DBC5-46A3-89DC-9F9BC72C1C22.jpeg

Hi Mark, absolutely superb job, great finish and the decals look excellent, cheers Jerry

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Hi Mark, absolutely superb job, great finish and the decals look excellent, cheers Jerry

Isnt it just ? I wonder whose decals they are? I was just saying to a dickiebird that I loved 90037 the way it was in EX-EWS DB but how great a livery it is in new DB Cargo. It's a shame the same cant be said for 90039.

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD 

Edited by DBC90024
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, GordonC said:

A RES one would have to be high up on that want list too. They looked really smart in that livery

My guess would be a RES one is the next natural development from Bachmann.

Probably with a regular DB version and perhaps an odd ball like a general release SNCF version.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 28/01/2021 at 22:38, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi everyone,

Thought you might like to see DB 90037 which has just passed through my workbench for assembly. Just the etched name plates to go on to complete. 

All the best

Mark

B7515392-DFBB-4228-80A9-BAA95619E540.jpeg

550A611C-1EE9-4ECB-B0B7-FF37185A3B02.jpeg

F0F77B7E-DBC5-46A3-89DC-9F9BC72C1C22.jpeg

Hi Mark @MRDBLUE17, I couldnt help but notice you're busy doing a number of DB 90s, i didnt see them at first, as I was too busy checking out these incredible decals on 90037. I will look forward to seeing them should you showcase them. May I ask where you sourced your decals from for 90037 ? my loco reliverier Ben @cambo74 has two of my 90s sat in DB paint awaiting decals and one of them was all set to be 90019 but if we could get the decals for 90037, 90019 would be put on hold, please can you advise, kind regards, Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD.

3 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

the number font/ typeface is different on the model of 90037 to the prototype?

There's been a few RTR DB locos that haven't used the distinctive DB numbering typeface either. Other than 59206, 37419 / 670 and 66152, which use Gill Sans and were the first red repaints, everything else painted red has the DB standard numbering font.

Jo

16 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

There's been a few RTR DB locos that haven't used the distinctive DB numbering typeface either. Other than 59206, 37419 / 670 and 66152, which use Gill Sans and were the first red repaints, everything else painted red has the DB standard numbering font.

Jo

Is it a standard font or a DB bespoke one do you know?

I’ve always thought it looks like the numbers people stick on their wheely bins! So wondered if someone at Toton just pops down to B&Q every time they do a repaint?! Lol. 

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Global said:

I’ve always thought it looks like the numbers people stick on their wheely bins! So wondered if someone at Toton just pops down to B&Q every time they do a repaint?! Lol. 

If that were the case, someone at Toton would need their head looking at if they were paying B&Q prices for bin stickers. Poundland, any day of the week!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Global said:

No idea I'm afraid. I do my decals by tracing it as I've not found a font to match. Lots of non DB stuff repainted at Toton by DB has them too, including DCR 60s and the TFW 67s.

Jo

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Squirrel Rail said:

With all the froth about what Bachmann will release tomorrow here’s a few ideas for them...

45304614-3B6C-4B03-B4D3-4FB8AF75F5F6.jpeg.122a56c209fd3d658acbab0f72f6b9d9.jpeg

hopefully they do a blue 31:scratchhead:

Great shot Jerry

LOL... technically, they're all DB 90s, End to End,

1 Grand Central is a DB owned brand (seen on 90026, 90029 and 90020)

2 RES/or the Postal red pre-RES was taken over by EWS and then by DBS later DBC

3 EWS - the lovely EWS colours, still seen on the stored 90s (now 90017, 90023, 90030, 90031, 90032 and 90033) at Crewe Electric Depot, last seen on active 90s, 90037 and 90039 before they were reliveried into DB Glider (90037) and DB Backbone (90039) liveries.

4 European SNCF livery 90130 became EWS and then owned by DB in long term store pool at Crewe

5 DB Schenker / DB Cargo red - DBS seen on 90018, 90029, 90036 and 90040, now only 90018 still wears DBS, 90036 and 90040 wears the DBS livery minus Schenker branding, 90029 is now in ex-Grand Central. DBC is worn by 90019, 90028 and 90035 with 90037 wearing the Glider DB livery also red.

Kat @johnsonstreetIEMD :-)

20 minutes ago, DBC90024 said:

I think the Bachy 90 would also look great in the EWS First ''Barbie'' Scotrail livery. 

Hi Kat, they’re a mix of customers and a couple of ones I picked myself to do, I had wanted to do 037 with the gliders which was covered so well on this thread but the DB red will get a different identity. Apart from the red I’ve pics of all of these at Ipswich and  as for Barbie that would be nice.....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Hi Kat, they’re a mix of customers and a couple of ones I picked myself to do, I had wanted to do 037 with the gliders which was covered so well on this thread but the DB red will get a different identity. Apart from the red I’ve pics of all of these at Ipswich and  as for Barbie that would be nice.....

Okay good good Jerry,

I thought they were all looking great and it just tickled me that they are all now DB 90s albeit they're all from different moments in time

I look forward to seeing what happens with your DB and EWS ones

Kat :-)

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

The futures bright the futures orange!

This week has seen a batch of these pass through for rebuilding for Rainbow Railways. They are stripped and resprayed before the livery elements get printed on like the glider livery. Etched name plates still need added.

Thanks

Mark

A1301A4F-E1F9-4790-8BE1-F5F90EB3B788.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi everyone,

The futures bright the futures orange!

This week has seen a batch of these pass through for rebuilding for Rainbow Railways. They are stripped and resprayed before the livery elements get printed on like the glider livery. Etched name plates still need added.

Thanks

Mark

A1301A4F-E1F9-4790-8BE1-F5F90EB3B788.jpeg

Hi Mark,

That's great - if I may ask who does the printing? Cheers Jerry

1 minute ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

That’s a splendid line up Jerry. I must admit I’d like a RES one at some. Great work as always

cheers

Mark

Thanks Mark, The RES livery always looks good and a bonus is they are nice colours to paint! That printing on the 90's you posted is really impressive and for things like the freightliner stripes is the way to go! Cheers Jerry

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, DBC90024 said:

A ha Driver Jack Mills... in DBC as well ... I have a feeling you'll be comparing notes with someone soon Jerry lol ...

Hi Kat, I had picked Jack to do ages ago and as I painted it saw Ben had done one but still wanted to do it. All too clean at the mo but will be different soon! 

1 minute ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Hi Kat, I had picked Jack to do ages ago and as I painted it saw Ben had done one but still wanted to do it. All too clean at the mo but will be different soon! 

Yes I think he'd done a couple of Bellshill's ... (90018s) ... 

With Jack ... I guess it's a case of to Schenker or not to Schenker ...

6 minutes ago, DBC90024 said:

Yes I think he'd done a couple of Bellshill's ... (90018s) ... 

With Jack ... I guess it's a case of to Schenker or not to Schenker ...

Went without as it’s more current and better for weathering, should finish it this week so will post a pic when it’s done:D

• Like 1