Modern Image Highburgh Central

keith73

• 1 year later...

Hi to all after all this time, It's been over a year since I did a layout update. I've have been busy doing house up for past upteen months putting a new utility room and downstairs toilet in, so the railway had to take back seat so I lost motivation to do anything over the past few months and over christmas. Although I Got a few new additions Bachmann EWS 66068 which I've fitted with SWD sound and rake of Bachmann autoballasters. A Bachmann DRS class 37 for the nuclear flasks and also the Bachmann Kent Coast signal box will replace the one by Highburgh west level crossing 

Over the past few weeks I have found some motivation and time to carry on with the layout.
I've had a bit of a redesign with the main lines in front of the TMD and the TMD track. 
There is now only one line passing the TMD so is like a branch line, the other line that did run beside it has been altered so it passes behind the roof trusses then under the winterhope village hill via tunnel and to the main station. There's not a lot to see, took ages to do but i think it was worth it

I've also abandoned the lower level siding idea I mentioned in my last post. I still like the idea but have so much other stuff to do, it would take me ages until I go round to doing it. So all I've done is include a long siding in the TMD yard for wagons etc. The cut out area to the lower level will be covered over with a hill and scenic area. 
As I altered the main line track I had to also rebuild the foreground viaduct as a single track viaduct and approach to the TMD. I also slightly altered the track to Winterhope station making it have more of an S curve and moving the platform to the other side of the track. 
I resumed work on the TMD which I've neglected since I started ballasting. I've given the white hard stand the track centres and also  a cement covering and some weathering. Once this was dry I finished off the ballasting and added green areas. I got the Bachmann office block and with a bit of alteration this will be the depot offices, which now have the roads and car park in place. I've also fixed down the wash plant and fuelling area. The TMD is not far off finished just requiring a few walk ways installed,  barriers and detailing.

Also completed for now is the area on the other side of highburgh west station which is the industrial estate area which will have 2x industrial units and garage.

Next is the highburgh central station area which will be getting a complete track redesign as its too straight so will have curved platforms.

More updates to follow hopefully sooner 

Time for a progress update. In my last post I mentioned that I was starting work on the main station. I've never been really been happy with the track layout. As it was it was too straight and not much interest I thought, but I laid it to get some trains running with a view to alteration at a later date. Last weekend I took all lines up and played about with them after a couple of days moving track about in different configurations I decided on a sweeping curve station. With 3 lines running through it, two terminus sidings and 2 additional loco/carriage sidings the far side of the island platform which I've also included a single track bay platform.

As can be seen in the photos the Intercity 225 sits at the mainline station platform, although waiting for the platform to be built. The scotrail class 158 sitting where the island platform bay will be and the highland 37 with BR blue coaches sitting at the far side of the islnad platform.  It's taken a few days to pin track down due to work etc but the photos show the overall layout. As can be seen at the back is the 4th main line with 2 long storage sidings. As it stands I'm happy with it but suggestions are welcome.
Hope to get all track pinned down over nxt week

post-23266-0-00228600-1456314088_thumb.jpg

post-23266-0-98397900-1456314122_thumb.jpg

post-23266-0-39469100-1456314171_thumb.jpg

post-23266-0-92097000-1456314206_thumb.jpg

post-23266-0-99986200-1456314244_thumb.jpg

post-23266-0-94536900-1456314273_thumb.jpg

Archived