Blackburn & East Lancs MRS exhibition 6/7 Sept 2014

newbryford

I still have a few photos to post on AV, and I'll copy them over here as well. 

Really enjoyed the show, the free parking, and the ambience. And as usual Charlie was immensely entertaining. If your feeling a bit down.....stop to chat to him, and see what offerings he has is always worthwhile.I always leave with a grin on my face. 

sorry I posted so much, but these guys have some excellent work to show. I did leave it to late afternoon...so not to give too much away too early. :angel:

I went to the show today and had a great time. Good variety of high quality layouts with a good blend of location and period. Some really high quality layouts, particularly Bleach Green and Eaton Gomery.

However, a special mention and huge thanks has to go to the guys running Hoghton Road who invited my 4yr old round the back to have a go at driving a couple of locos up and down the layout. It made his day and he was wearing a huge smile for ages afterwards!!!.....even though he did lightly bump the buffers on the headshunt.

Anyway.....thanks guys! Thats exactly how to encourage the young ones!!

Steve

• RMweb Premium

Eaton Gomery

I meant to go back and take more but each time there were people in the way, I suspect the little street scene will have you in raptures

med_gallery_17883_3195_313576.jpgrmweb2825show30

Please can you remove this picture - I haven't signed a model release form and you've taken a picture of my better side.......................... :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

Please can you remove this picture - I haven't signed a model release from and you've taken a picture of my better side.......................... :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

:blind: do you know i hadn't even realised you were there!!!! What a perfect opportunity I missed....a quick slap to the back of the head :angel: perchowwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

• RMweb Premium

:blind: do you know i hadn't even realised you were there!!!! What a perfect opportunity I missed....a quick slap to the back of the head :angel: perchowwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

Where's the "Oi! Don't even think about it" button, when you need one?

Cheers

• RMweb Premium

Mick / Newbryfords offering

med_gallery_17883_3195_410262.jpgrmweb2245show50

med_gallery_17883_3195_251929.jpgrmweb2246show51

med_gallery_17883_3195_561540.jpgrmweb2247show52

for those disappointed with only three pictures, you'll be pleased to know Kal took some video...which I will upload later.

I have to stress that it's not my offering, but a club layout involving a number of contributors. It just so happens, that I'm the one that sticks his head above the parapet............

I took a few pictures of my own that I'll post later on the Blackmill thread.

One more show to go.........

Cheers,

Mick

Many thanks to the B&ELMRS for both the invite and the hospitality from the 'Eaton Gomery' team. We had a most enjoyable weekend only spoilt by the Friday evening 10 mile traffic jam on the M6 caused by an incident at Leyland. Apparently incidents in Leyland are not uncommon.

To be awarded the splendid 'Best Visiting Layout' trophy (splendid hardly does it justice as it wouldn't look out of place on an open topped bus) was a very pleasant surprise only surpassed by also being awarded another trophy for 'technical excellence'. Anyone who knows us will not readily associate us with that label as we think of ourselves as being accomplished bodgers.  

The homemade cakes, readily available in the Exhibitors Lounge throughout the day, were excellent and I think we managed to sample every variety.

Thanks once again.

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks to the B&ELMRS for both the invite and the hospitality from the 'Eaton Gomery' team. We had a most enjoyable weekend only spoilt by the Friday evening 10 mile traffic jam on the M6 caused by an incident at Leyland. Apparently incidents in Leyland are not uncommon.

To be awarded the splendid 'Best Visiting Layout' trophy (splendid hardly does it justice as it wouldn't look out of place on an open topped bus) was a very pleasant surprise only surpassed by also being awarded another trophy for 'technical excellence'. Anyone who knows us will not readily associate us with that label as we think of ourselves as being accomplished bodgers.  

A well deserved winner of the two awards - you almost ended up with two of something else...... Blimmin' Skemmers................ :jester:

The other two awards were:

Best N Gauge layout to "Tetfield-under-Bolt"

and the MSE Signalling Trophy to the club's own "Blackmill" (It's the second time that Blackmill has won this trophy!)

Cheers,

Mick

Archived