The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Fifteen Billion Pound Railway

gordon s

• RMweb Premium

Just watched last nights programme.  Rivetting as usual, even if it all hung around a TBM breakthrough.   I'm sorry that there were only three programmes and will miss my Wednesday night fix.  However if tight editing has kept the quality high I'm all for it.  I suspect that there will be other episodes in due course as the tracklaying and train commissioning proceeds.

The whole series has really shown off construction talents.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

i would liked to have seen more views of the narrow gauge equipment used, but an other wise very good programme

The Industrial Railway group on Yahoo has a fair bit of information on these lines. Some of the locomotives (Schoma) were/are from the channel tunnel having been refurbished. IIRC the gauge is 900 mm, same as the CT.

• RMweb Premium

The Industrial Railway group on Yahoo has a fair bit of information on these lines. Some of the locomotives (Schoma) were/are from the channel tunnel having been refurbished. IIRC the gauge is 900 mm, same as the CT.

I believe that's there quite  a bit of ex CT equipment operating under London at the moment.  I think they are using some on the big sewer project that starts in the Willesden area.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Just  been informed by my other half ( read the info on another forum(tv)) that there are to be three 3 part series in total over the coming years and that the first series is due to be release on dvd at a future date.

Steve

Archived