Marty's O Scale stuff

hartleymartin

16 hours ago, 34006 said:

Ah,yes.What is known as Sod's(or Murphy's) Law.Or as Parkinson put it,"Work expands to fill all available time."Or was it"Life's a bitch and then you die."

Take your pick.

Phil

I decided at the end of last year that I had to open up some more personal time for various forms of self-care. I managed to hand over my weekend job as a church organist (which I have had since I was at college) to someone else who I mentored for a couple of years. The weekend job as an organist was great when I was a student and when I was struggling to find regular work during the week, but now that I have weekday jobs coming out of my ears (I am a maintenance contractor) and I am doing night classes to get a trade certificate as a cabinet-maker/furniture-maker I decided I needed weekends back to myself. Except for Sunday mornings. I can spare an hour a week for my religion, but now I am no longer tethered to an organist's position, I can travel and visit historic churches!

Picked up my new airbrush, compressor and spray booth from the hobby supplier today. My On30 bashes will recommence because now I can get to painting!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

I acquired a BLI C-16. And I have decided to back-date it to resemble a Queensland Railways C15 Class from the 1880s. First two items was to replace the original pilot with one that has a working coupler and a smaller tender more in keeping with the era. Both come from Bachmann and are for their On30 Mogul. I used an online article from the On30 Annual website as a guide for the pilot upgrade: https://on30annual.com/ditching-the-dummy/

I have written a more detailed account of process for "7th Heaven" which is the journal of the Aus7 Modeller's Group and it is due to be published in June. In the process, I did some research and edited the wikipedia articles to include historic images of the locomotives.

https://aus7.org/

BLI C-16 Pilot After.jpg

Image 06 Replacement Mogul Tender.jpg

Edited by hartleymartin
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

I recently acquired a set of 1970s-era Atlas O gauge track. The type with 24" radius curves and points. I set it up with a Bachmann Controller on the floorboards and had the first ever opportunity to give a few locomotives a continuous run, including Planot No.5 ex Coney-Hill. Not photographed (yet) are a Lima O gauge 0-4-0 Diesel Shunter, Atlas 0-6-0 Plymouth Shunters (I now own 6 of them - how did that happen?) and my prized Manning Wardle H Class, NSWGR No.1021. Photos will follow in due course.

Planot No.5 in my posession gained some large sprung buffers, brass door handles for the side panels, and a couple of extra hand-rails. A little bit of extra weight was added under the nose to rectify a slight tendency to perform wheelies.

For a steam-lover, I have an inordinately large collection of small diesel shunters.

PlanotNo5.jpg.cd5cbf47c90385d28a5082c29540a349.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...