• RMweb Gold

Right I'm possibly loosing the plot here,some kind of madness due to the amount of sleepless nights trying to think of layout ideas in 7mm.

But before just out of curiosity I measured up ELJ in 7mm and it fits in under 20', just over 16' intact :O now I'm I insane in thinking this could be an option and who would want to see it? Or should I just call for the men in white coats now?

Help!!!!

• RMweb Gold

It's called going round in circles Paul.

Have a week off, rinse brain, dry and re-install.

Mike.

Yer going around in circles an realising the only thing I've been happy building seems to be this Mike :( just not happy with any ideas I've had, I've been just took a five day break from thinking of layouts an it hasn't worked :(

I could build a display cabinet :D

Cheers

Tell the white coats to go away bring on ELJ 7mm. I am waiting for the crossings to be built go on you know you need too.....

Keith HC

Keith have you turned into a devil on my shoulder ;)

• RMweb Gold

I think deep down that's your end desire mate. Bite the bullet and go for it ... they say it's easier second time round! Oh, no, that might be something else!!!!

Looking at what you achieved in 4mm, I think you'd move mountains in 7mm.

Rich

• RMweb Gold

I think deep down that's your end desire mate. Bite the bullet and go for it ... they say it's easier second time round! Oh, no, that might be something else!!!!

Rich

Thanks Rich much appreciated :) might have to move a few mountains to fit it in ;) when I first decided to go 7mm I thought of building this but due to size etc gave up on the idea but I just seem to have this connection with it duno why.

Might sleep tonight ;) oh hang on I'm on baby duty :O

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Rich

Pedantically, third time around at least!

Think of all those nice big timbers and chairs you can actually see.

Go for it Paul.

Mike.

• Like 1

Right I'm possibly loosing the plot here,some kind of madness due to the amount of sleepless nights trying to think of layout ideas in 7mm.

But before just out of curiosity I measured up ELJ in 7mm and it fits in under 20', just over 16' intact :O now I'm I insane in thinking this could be an option and who would want to see it? Or should I just call for the men in white coats now?

Help!!!!

Ok, I might have to duck for cover here......................

Looking at your comment quoted above, YOU are asking what WE would like to see!!!

That is missing the point by some considerable margin, yes we may like to see ELJ in 7mm, but it should be simply what YOU want and our desires/wants shouldn't even be taken into consideration.

On another note, as also mentioned above, it will be simply a very large photo plank as the junction itself will cover the 20'! You need to be asking yourself some questions.

1)  Do I want a layout to operate?

2)  What reasonable room have I got available right now?

3)  Do I want a layout that I can see most of my stock on?

4)  Do I want to be buying coaches at £200+ to put with my locos right now?

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but after reading things both on here and your other threads, you seem to be going around in circles and I would hate to see you throw the towel in simply over the frustration of not being able to decide on what to do. I would love to see whatever you do in 7mm as your work in 4mm was outstanding and converted to 7mm should be no less, but considerably more impressive.

If I was to advise anything at all, maybe build a 4' x 1'6" photo plank with a simple bit of track on it, and use it to display and photograph your excellent weathered models.

Doing this will give you an area to practice on (7mm is different to 4mm scenic wise in many ways) and to master the other things associated with 7mm. My photo plank taught me so much more than any reading/tutorials/etc, etc.

Whilst all this is happening, you can weather your locos and any stock you get, and you'll get the time to decide what you exactly want from your railway.

Maybe await any decision until you see just how much room 7mm can really take, by visiting me and you can see how big just a simple station such as Talyllyn is?

Like I said, I'm looking forward to whatever you do Paul.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking at your comment quoted above, YOU are asking what WE would like to see!!!

That is missing the point by some considerable margin, yes we may like to see ELJ in 7mm, but it should be simply what YOU want and our desires/wants shouldn't even be taken into consideration.

On another note, as also mentioned above, it will be simply a very large photo plank as the junction itself will cover the 20'! You need to be asking yourself some questions.

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but after reading things both on here and your other threads, you seem to be going around in circles and I would hate to see you throw the towel in simply over the frustration of not being able to decide on what to do. I would love to see whatever you do in 7mm as your work in 4mm was outstanding and converted to 7mm should be no less, but considerably more impressive.

If I was to advise anything at all, maybe build a 4' x 1'6" photo plank with a simple bit of track on it, and use it to display and photograph your excellent weathered models.

Doing this will give you an area to practice on (7mm is different to 4mm scenic wise in many ways) and to master the other things associated with 7mm. My photo plank taught me so much more than any reading/tutorials/etc, etc.

Whilst all this is happening, you can weather your locos and any stock you get, and you'll get the time to decide what you exactly want from your railway.

Maybe await any decision until you see just how much room 7mm can really take, by visiting me and you can see how big just a simple station such as Talyllyn is?

Jinty ;)

Thanks Jinty totally get where your coming from as you'll know from our txts this morning. I think the reason why I'm asking what you all think is probably reassurance, I'll be honest I'd love to build this in 7mm but I'm not the most confident of people hence the asking for people's opinions on such a big decision.

I have to admit since deciding on this I'm happy again, something I haven't been in many weeks, that's not because of the scale I love O gauge and wouldn't change for the world and worst scenario is I have lovely weathered models on shelves around the house and divorce number two :D

Mike that sounds a rather good idea ;)

Hi Paul..

I totally understand your frustrations!

But I am with Jinty on this one.

As for not being that confident... Look back at your achievements! In a short space of time you have change scales several times, improved your skills each step of the way, built your own trackwork. The list is endless.

Whatever you decide it will be great, as I know how much thought and effort you put into every project.

Cheers

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul..

I totally understand your frustrations!

But I am with Jinty on this one.

As for not being that confident... Look back at your achievements! In a short space of time you have change scales several times, improved your skills each step of the way, built your own trackwork. The list is endless.

Whatever you decide it will be great, as I know how much thought and effort you put into every project.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve, I have really thought of a photo plank but I'd rather throw myself into a proper project, let's face it until it's all assembled it's just like a big photo plank anyway ;)

Thanks again

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A somebody once said "Your not indecisive ... you just can't make up your bloody mind!"  ;). You'll get there mate .. just keep chipping away and don't get disheartened.  I think I've said before ... my loft plans for the BIG Arksey took two years to get where I was happy with them!  By my standards, your hardly off page 1 of the sketchbook at the moment ;0)

Rich

• RMweb Gold

A somebody once said "Your not indecisive ... you just can't make up your bloody mind!"  ;). You'll get there mate .. just keep chipping away and don't get disheartened.  I think I've said before ... my loft plans for the BIG Arksey took two years to get where I was happy with them!  By my standards, your hardly off page 1 of the sketchbook at the moment ;0)

Rich

Thanks Rich I think I'm trough the indecisiveness now ;) an I just want to say a big thank you to everyone for all the advice an putting up with me.

Cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A quick question, how do I move this thread to the 7mm section ;)

Think we best get this thread back up and running where it belongs, the worst that happens is I fails miserably but we'll have fun trying :D

Welcome to ELJ 7mm

• Like 3

Help!!!!

Jinty

Sorry Paul, But Jint's is ABSOLUTELY spot on mate.

BUILD what you want, for YOU, that YOU will enjoy running, Enjoy LOOKING AT, and feel proud of what YOU have achieved for YOURSELF.

A quick question, how do I move this thread to the 7mm section ;)

Think we best get this thread back up and running where it belongs, the worst that happens is I fails miserably but we'll have fun trying :D

Welcome to ELJ 7mm

PM to Andy York should do it mate.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy I totally agree to and I'm doing this because it makes me happy, hopefully the 74 followers of ELJ will enjoy this to and hopefully we can pick up a few more on the way :)

Now who does the best windows in 7mm, I've a signal box to measure up!

Thanks again

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well things have started moving, lamp hut is on its way, I'm going to order some Slaters brick sheets tomorrow and after a recommendation from Jinty and a good conversation with Jon Fitness himself I'll be placing an order soon for one of Jon's excellent semaphore signals :)

Hopefully now things can start rolling in the world of O

Cheers

• Like 2