Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Paul,

as you know I have been trying to emulate your techniques, with some degree (a small degree) of success, but you are the master at track weathering. I remember track that was once steam and now diesel and they have a very distinct look which you have captured just right for your era and location.

• RMweb Gold

Managed to get an unexpected 30 min tonight so I've finished putting the lids on the trunking, it must of either been a Monday morning or late on a Friday an the pub was calling judging by the way they've thrown the lids on!

Not to happy with how the green on the wall has turned out on the photos I'll have to sort that out.

0E82DDC4-D72A-493F-A41B-94273B659193_zps

377E76AA-3172-4EA8-946D-291D67AA7124_zps

6371449E-AF6F-4EAC-A773-49DCA42E23FB_zps

42FCC53F-810A-4257-8631-73C730904567_zps

16473033-1288-4BE0-9F65-FB2126315421_zps

As always thoughts welcome guys.

Cheers

• Like 3

A small suggestion/request. Next time you are taking photos, how about repeating the first one but at a slightly reduced angle looking down the length of the track rather than down on it?

I know there will be a wall at the end, but it would be interesting to see how "real" the track looks from that angle.

Impressive oh master.

• RMweb Gold

Ah, it was you was it?

I thought they might be mine for a while.

Sorry Andy ;) I normally watch it to the very end but with 15 min to go I just put £14.98 in an forgot about it until it was won.

I'll let you know what they're like ;)

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Not wanting to upset anyone but in the words of Jim Bowen "Andy look at what you could of won" ;)

Two newly arrived parcel vans pass through ELJ, I'll try and start weathering them in the next few days.

AB606B42-5F7D-4C5F-B677-B794948442B1_zps

91D13DE6-67BA-41BB-B23F-12ECFE5846D6_zps

3B1F78E5-BAB2-4CA3-A099-96C3460B6779_zps

An my favourite I think

C5BD0053-FE36-44A9-B113-E409A572287C_zps

Cheers

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks David, I really need to sort the baseboard frame work, I'm trying to avoid making it from scratch due to lack of space an the fact I really can't be bothered, cutting to size, drilling, lining up etc but having just been quoted £89 for a 4'x2' I think I'll have a re-think!!!! :O

Cheers

In that first photo, you really get the sense of standing at the side of the track watching a 100 tonne EE4 go past. The same with photo 3 the EE4 contrasts with the length of the junction to show just how big these machines were. Good modelling but also very good photography.

I know it is out of your era, but it would be interesting to see those same photos posed with a Sprinter, Pacer, BR DMU or the awful voyagers. Somehow I think they would lack the gravitas of the era you model.

• RMweb Gold

In that first photo, you really get the sense of standing at the side of the track watching a 100 tonne EE4 go past. The same with photo 3 the EE4 contrasts with the length of the junction to show just how big these machines were. Good modelling but also very good photography.

I know it is out of your era, but it would be interesting to see those same photos posed with a Sprinter, Pacer, BR DMU or the awful voyagers. Somehow I think they would lack the gravitas of the era you model.

Thanks Derek, I'll be having DMU's as I love 108's but I like your thinking unfortunately or thankfully I don't know anyone with a voyager or anything modern but it would make an interesting photo!!

Thanks again

I used these guys not overpriced and sturdy boards

http://www.graingeandhodder.co.uk/store/p12/1200mm_x_600mm_Standard_Module.html

David

Thanks David I'll take a look :)

Cheers

Not wanting to upset anyone but in the words of Jim Bowen "Andy look at what you could of won" ;)

Cheers

Not wanting to upset anyone eh?

So not only do you post pics of what I could have won, but you do it with an EE type 4 as well.

I am seriously going to have to reconsider our friendship Paul; you evil, evil man ;)

I'll get you at playtime :)

Edited by leopardml2341