about time we had an upto date 142?

• RMweb Premium

So I can assume by your post that you would rather have no train at all than catch a pacer!

I drive a Peugeot 106, it does the job, is reliable and quite comfortable. But I would like a Rolls Royce or a Ferrari, does the fact I would prefer a posher car mean I should get rid of the Pug and walk everywhere until such time as I can afford the car I want?

They do a reasonable job and until such time as better trains are built (or more likely cascaded) we are stuck with them, either accept it or enjoy the walk! :no:

There were better trains in use, I would rather travel on a first generation DMU

Like 'em or not, there are substantial areas and periods of the UK rail system which cannot be accurately represented without at least one.

Indeed, but I wish that Dapol would realise that as it is now almost FIVE years since they first announced that they would be producing a N gauge version and we are still waiting for it!

Indeed, but I wish that Dapol would realise that as it is now almost FIVE years since they first announced that they would be producing a N gauge version and we are still waiting for it!

Presumably it's fallen into the same timewarp as the 7mm 08.

• RMweb Premium

I know  :no:

Was looking forward to this model too, but whether they will actually ever produce this is another question. I think the best we have seen is a handmade engineering prototype body shell and some 3D cam models. If ever developed to production, I hope its well engineered and assembled, because from reading anecdotally on various N Gauge forums, the manufacturing quality and reliability of some Dapol models suggests there are issues.

Guess there is Worsley Works? etched brass body, but a lot of engineering required to turn it into a nice model.

Archived