More rambling from GC

As I've only recently got home, not going to start on the L1 tonight so I thought a few more piccies might be of interest :rolleyes:

First up somewhere well known, although it has changed a bit recently, also for a bit of history does anybody know what used to be under the lines here (according to several sources)

post-110-12650617167143_thumb.jpg

we are travelling reasonable quickly here but where?

post-110-12650619637663_thumb.jpg

Where are we and what was the major feature (railway) herabouts?

post-110-12650621025692_thumb.jpg

I know that this has been the subject of discussion on rmweb before so here's a picture.....

post-110-12650623155502_thumb.jpg

A level crossing (no sh*t Sherlock :D ) but where? Also can you tell me it's nickname, might be just a traincrew thing and (hope you don't think I'm getting too devious here) what is unique about it as far as EMT are concerned?

post-110-12650624823135_thumb.jpg

Finally for now a well known bridge, even for those who may have never been there?!

post-110-12650628785836_thumb.jpg

David, 3 & 4 correct, 6 you're in the right ;) area!

298, spot on. :icon_thumbsup2:

Dr.K, Trent it is and it's to do with something subterrainian, I'm thinking of something pre-nationisation and possibly pre-grouping, definitely something you wouldn't expect to find nowadays! :icon_confused:

298, No 5 correct, although [pedant mode on] it's actually Woodsmoor to be strictly correct [pedant mode off]

Richard, no 6 once again right area-ish, I don't in all truth know the name of this bridge more to do with a certain model layout and the feature the train is approaching, remember I am in the back cab?

Dr K there was indeed a rifle range hereabouts, it was off the line to the left.

Mallard, I'm not sure the new tenants/ owners of the station building would agree that it was tatty any longer. Original station building very nicely renovated last year and now in use as the Shirebrook Business Centre, the depot building has also seen a lot of tidying up and rubbish removal recently as well, I suspect the shell is being left as is for possible future re-use.

post-110-12651575096632_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

298, No 5 correct, although [pedant mode on] it's actually Woodsmoor to be strictly correct [pedant mode off]

Richard, no 6 once again right area-ish, I don't in all truth know the name of this bridge more to do with a certain model layout and the feature the train is approaching, remember I am in the back cab?

Dr K there was indeed a rifle range hereabouts, it was off the line to the left.

Mallard, I'm not sure the new tenants/ owners of the station building would agree that it was tatty any longer. Original station building very nicely renovated last year and now in use as the Shirebrook Business Centre, the depot building has also seen a lot of tidying up and rubbish removal recently as well, I suspect the shell is being left as is for possible future re-use.

post-110-12651575096632_thumb.jpg

Good grief. Shirebrook looks REALLY good! Perhaps I'll buy the old depot and renovate that as well, making it into a model railway room. (However I would need 24 hour security and watch towers!) :huh:

No 6. Are we talking Stoke Summit then? :)

36E

Archived