Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Morning Bodgit,  Just looking at the photo of the spray booth positioned at the end of the bench, l'm thinking why don't you make a neat round hole in the side of the shed for the spray hose to go through, you could make a nice little cover for it on the outside, then you wouldn't need to have the door open when your are weathering all MY stock......???? :sarcastichand:

Just a thought  George

• Like 1

Morning Bodgit,  Just looking at the photo of the spray booth positioned at the end of the bench, l'm thinking why don't you make a neat round hole in the side of the shed for the spray hose to go through, you could make a nice little cover for it on the outside, then you wouldn't need to have the door open when your are weathering all MY stock......???? :sarcastichand:

Just a thought  George

Hi Mate, No thanks, holes mean drafts, spiders, ants, bugs, slugs and goodness knows what.

The vent by the door will suffice, 90% of the time I will be using Acrylics and the only real time I will need it is to blow cleaner through the gun.

The amount of time I will be weathering will be minimal. possibly once or twice a week at most.

• Like 4

Morning Shaun, hahah, I wish I was organised, when I packed the boxes, it was only supposed to be for about 5 weeks, that was almost a year ago now and so I've totally forgotten what is where, there are tools mixes with empty stock boxes, mixed with scenic items, basically if it fitted into the box, it went in.

The Shed is a lot warmer than I expected so the money spent on the insulation was money well spent.

And NO its NOT grass in that tray, hahhah.

is that a nod wink wink no LMAO.

You did mention you were taking an increased interest in 'gardening' LOL.

Only joking of course.....

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Hi all, well another successful day in the Potting Shed, I have filled 3 Medium Plastic containers with the empty wagon boxes that was originally in 4 cardboard boxes, (should have done it this way before the move) and then filled a draw in one of the dressing table units with FULL boxes of wagons and coaches.

I have also emptied 3 boxes of buildings and put them into draws and cupboards.

Then finally after a chat with George this morning I have decided to store the spray booth under the Layout, this give a neater area by the door.

I takes about 3 to 4 minutes to get it out and set it up so no problem.

post-9335-0-10834200-1413476956_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-04295400-1413476966_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-61139600-1413476973_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Cheers Duncan, trying not to over do it, I'm off to Club tonight and I have a garden path to lay, luckily for me its in 4mm Scale hahahha.

I have just read Jocks great news in the Lunester Lounge, brilliant mate, good on yea mate.

A bit more tomorrow and one side will be finished I hope.

Morning all, its a lovely morning here today so some more bits will be sorted today in the Potting Shed, but first a bit of gardening though.

Later I want to try and get the book cases in place and the frame timbers ready to go up on Saturday when Lee comes up. Normally I would have just cut them by now but I have found moving the heavy boxes over the last few days quite tiring.

I can now almost see the wood for the trees, and I think I must have the warmest Shed on the Planet, hahahah.

• Like 6

Morning Buddy,  lt's really great to see the progress, bet you will have something running very soon, but remember mate STEADY EDDIE ok

George

HAhahhahah No Eddie the Eagle, that's me, hahah, well the gardening is done, and sitting down with a nice cup of coffee and a biscuit, then in an hour or so I will have an hour in the shed, I may even find some more useful bits, you never know.

• Like 3

Looking good Andy and thanks to you and the others for your kind comments.

Must say those pictures have given me a lift - until now I thought my garage was cluttered but..........HaHaHa!

I agree with George and Duncan but you do seem to be listening to your body (AT LAST)!

Look forward to the pics after Lee has been because I'm intrigued as to how you are going to accommodate the baseboards. Hope you enjoy yourself at the club tonight,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 2

Looking good Andy and thanks to you and the others for your kind comments.

Must say those pictures have given me a lift - until now I thought my garage was cluttered but..........HaHaHa!

I agree with George and Duncan but you do seem to be listening to your body (AT LAST)!

Look forward to the pics after Lee has been because I'm intrigued as to how you are going to accommodate the baseboards. Hope you enjoy yourself at the club tonight,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Cheers Jock, Club was last night, its a general Club night on a Tuesday when all the groups are present, G Scale, O Gauge, N Gauge and OO, but on a Thursday its mainly the OO gang working on our big Layout to get it ready for the open weekend.

I am really taking things easy these days, I'm off back out to the Potting Shed in a mo, but just an Hour and then another sit down, little and not often now as opposed to Bull in a China Shop,

You take care mate and catch up later.

Edited by Andrew P

Well quite a bit done today, one way or another, firstly some Brownie Point from SWMBO, I did promise at the start of this move that I would make the garden and Shed look a lot better than it was. Its cost me some megga dough but its looking worth it now, and most importantly Dee;s a Happy Bunny.

Firstly as it was.

post-9335-0-61869900-1413559986_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-94903900-1413560016_thumb.jpg

And as it is now.

post-9335-0-35482500-1413560090_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-83587600-1413560101_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-88409500-1413560141_thumb.jpg

I then spent a couple of hours in the Potting Shed tidying up ready for Lee tomorrow, we have the Guttering to put up on the neighbours side and then see what time we have left.

I have offered the frame up the end frame, (this came out of the old Den) and one side member, once fitted the Layout will rest on top.

post-9335-0-25886200-1413560359_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10176800-1413560348_thumb.jpg

Its getting there, but I daren't show you the other side of the Shed, hahah

• Like 16

Well quite a bit done today, one way or another, firstly some Brownie Point from SWMBO, I did promise at the start of this move that I would make the garden and Shed look a lot better than it was. Its cost me some megga dough but its looking worth it now, and most importantly Dee;s a Happy Bunny.

Firstly as it was.

attachicon.gifAvon Close 032 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifAvon Close 034 - Copy.JPG

And as it is now.

attachicon.gifGarden and Frame 003.JPG

attachicon.gifGarden and Frame 001.JPG

attachicon.gifGarden and Frame 002.JPG

I then spent a couple of hours in the Potting Shed tidying up ready for Lee tomorrow, we have the Guttering to put up on the neighbours side and then see what time we have left.

I have offered the frame up the end frame, (this came out of the old Den) and one side member, once fitted the Layout will rest on top.

attachicon.gifGarden and Frame 008.JPG

attachicon.gifGarden and Frame 007.JPG

Its getting there, but I daren't show you the other side of the Shed, hahah

Go on :jester:  :jester: :jester:  :jester:  

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Like the planned incline on the last picture!

Morning Mike, yes I daren't try to cut the leg the correct length otherwise I'm bound to cut it to short, or not square and then I'd need to go out and buy some more wood, so I'll leave the cutting to Lee.

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Andy,

You're getting on well with things, looking forward to the layout coming together.

Alan.

Hi Alan, I wasn't sure whether to give you a Thanks or an Agree because I too am looking forward to seeing some track soon.

More pics in a mo after I've been to B & Q.

• Like 5