Chivers Finelines bogie wagon build

Hayfield2

Have brought a couple of items to build whilst on holiday, the first being the Chivers Finelines bogie flat wagon. I have built the standard 4 wheeled wagon and have had this one in the pile to build. This kit like the 4 wheeled one is a joy to build, and can be built with either open ends or as I have built with round topped planked ends.

These kits come complete with wheels, couplings are left for the builder to provide. I plan to try out the Zamzoodle chopper type. Here is a link www.zamzoodled.co.uk

This one went together very well, except for the brake shoes, and to be quite honest I am not to certain if its worth fitting them as they from normal viewing angles would be hard to see. I love the wheels they use, which are quite heavy and give the wagon plenty of weight down low. will add a photo later of the finished wagon.

These are lovely models which are a joy to build

post-19565-0-56688800-1408017886_thumb.jpg

Here is the box van, waiting for painting and couplings, guess who forgot to remove the steps for under the doors, and threw them in the bin. And who has a wife that actually empties the bin. You guessed right. Still its a freelance design and if I want them a few strips of plasticard will do the job nicely

And a photo of the bogie with the bogies on, must have a second go at the brakes.

Sorry the photos are out of sync, but having problems downloading from the phone

post-19565-0-63032600-1408086842_thumb.jpg

post-19565-0-48974700-1408086885_thumb.jpg

The wagon is simplicity its self, full marks to the designers, and as said whatever the make of wheels do add a nice weight to the models. The difficult part will be the painting good enough to do the models justice. Will order some more as they are so good

post-19565-0-04118800-1408196022.jpg

I never bother with the brake shoes on the bogie wagons, they get knocked off too easily and you can't really see them at normal viewing distance. Great kits, I have built over 40 of them and have three more on the bench to do.

A batch on the go.

P2160878.jpg

A finished open.

IMG_3752_zps0fea4ad0.jpg

Martin

Archived