If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

New to RMweb, but been around a bit

s55evo

Hi All,

I posted a question a few weeks ago, which got no answers, I was advised that it was not in the best place, so here we go again.

I remember a layout based on Blackburn Station, this was in N guage and was back in the eigthies I think, does anyone know if it still exists and if so where.

While I am here I suppose I should introduce myself, I am the headcase that managed to buy Ambergate at a silly price and then convert it P4. All is going well and work is progressing on extending the layout to include Buxton.

Thanks for reading this and for the info, if you have any.

Best regards,

Tony.

Welcome Tony,

Just checked back on your unanswered question. I cannot answer it myself but I can give you some advice on improving your chances of getting a response. This is a very busy site with lots of blogs, threads and postings. Many members are rather selective in their reading.

Try starting a new topic, I'd suggest under the 'Modelling Musings and Miscellany Forum' titled 'Looking for Blackburn in N gauge layout' or something like that. It's the topic title that draws people in and there is a huge knowledge bank here and lots of people willing to help.

Your Ambergate layout restoration and rebuild sounds fascinating, I think a layout thread on that would go down rather well.

Hi All,

I posted a question a few weeks ago, which got no answers, I was advised that it was not in the best place, so here we go again.

I remember a layout based on Blackburn Station, this was in N guage and was back in the eigthies I think, does anyone know if it still exists and if so where.

While I am here I suppose I should introduce myself, I am the headcase that managed to buy Ambergate at a silly price and then convert it P4. All is going well and work is progressing on extending the layout to include Buxton.

Thanks for reading this and for the info, if you have any.

Best regards,

Tony.

Not able to help at all with the N gauge, but welcome to the Forum. - I spent many happy hours operating Ambergate at Ally Pally in 2006, hope you've sorted the wiring out. You've obviously got a lot of room.

A thread on that layout would also be welcome, it's a favourite, and good to see it lives on.

post-18627-0-79718100-1409143866_thumb.jpg

post-18627-0-75126900-1409143869_thumb.jpg

post-18627-0-42876600-1409143873_thumb.jpg

post-18627-0-14013300-1409143876_thumb.jpg

post-18627-0-24585000-1409143879_thumb.jpg

Not able to help at all with the N gauge, but welcome to the Forum. - I spent many happy hours operating Ambergate at Ally Pally in 2006, hope you've sorted the wiring out. You've obviously got a lot of room.

A thread on that layout would also be welcome, it's a favourite, and good to see it lives on.

Hi All,

Thankyou for the welcome, and thankyou Peter for the photos of Ambergate at Ally Pally, we have managed to understand what the wiring is designed to achieve, and i don't intend to modify it much, as the overall plan is to go DCC. The Buxton part of the layout is even more complex and adds a couple more triangles, time is the big issue as ever.

Regards,

Tony.

Archived